Y&R: A Winters family reunion

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another reason why SM is better than the rest - there's a reason why the audience took to him (and it was more than his hotness because there are plenty of hot soap stars out there). He does exude a certain normalcy and being a good guy. Julianne Moore was exactly the same way - she recognized what ATWT did for her and never denied her soap roots nor passed up the chance to be on the show one last time. I love the fact that HE'D like an open door to visit. I hope Y&R takes him up on that.

• Members

I agree. How awesome he wants to hopefully do more and pop in from time to time. THAT's why he's liked. I'm just I'll have McCrary's Malcolm erased from my mind. Should never have been Malcolm. A new character, sure, but not Malcolm. And the writing was just terrible, but that was a given at the time with that hack in charge.

• Members

I've missed blocks of times with this soap (and virtually every soap I've ever watched), so I'm genuinely asking.

Why would they have a photographer who had gone on shoots in various parts of the doing photojournalism making sandwiches at Crimson Lights? I'm guessing that he didn't own the place. Or did he?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That article pisses me off. We know that is an article that was arranged by the Y&R publicist, so why the fcuk are they discussing Dru and Victoria Rowell and using her to get hits and ratings when they KNOW they have no intention of bringing her back? We all know they know how popular she is and it's annoying when they do this every few months. Either she'll be mentioned on the show or we'll get a flashback or a phony soap mag cover with her picture on it. They need to either get over it and bring her back or stop mentioning her full-stop.

• Members

There was two temp Dru's. Dawn McMillian in 1996 who I thought was fine and then Kent King in 2000. I dont blame Kent on that I blame CBS/YR. and VR herself

When VR returned in 2000 CBS should have said sign a contract or dont come back

VR was recurring and just decided not to coome in on some days so they used Kent who I guess had been auditioning for another role at that point. Her episodes were few and far in between it confused people

Maybe Kent would have been accepted more if she was in consecutive episodes as Dru

Who knows

Archived