Y&R: A Winters family reunion

• Members
What facts? Half of those you listed were just long running cast that someone thought to write for and center the show around. Hell, Bill Bell centeted the show around Cricket...and! Susan Flannery left B&B and that show didn't skip a beat or lose in the ratings when she left. They didnt recast Stephanie because they didnt need her. And, I never saw anything special on Susan Lucci. What facts are we talking about again here? All I see here are fan girls (boys) of Victoria Rowell only wanting her in a role and coming up with reasons as to why it makes sense. Dont get me wrong, I am a huge fan girl myself and used to only want her in the role. But I woke up and realized it wasn't going to happen. And that not happening shouldn't trump what's best for the show and the rest if the characters still on the show that are tied to that chatacter. Both Lily and Devon suffer as characters because they do not have a mother on the show. And yes, that matters as young people on a soap.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still hold out hope that they look to how B&B rebooted itself by simply updating the Bell formula, mostly technology-wise while staying true to the writing & music style of the show. If Y&R did that I highly doubt they'd be having the issues they are right now. It's beyond time for Ed Scott to return.

• Members
Agree. And maybe he could convince his favorite writer, Alison Sweeney, to join him now that she's free? ;)

But seriously. No matter how much trouble Y&R might be in at the moment, I doubt SONY will ever reinstall Ed Scott, Kay Alden, or anyone else connected to the show's golden era. If anything, SONY will address the issue by bringing aboard a new regime that is even more clueless about how to run the show than the ones running it today.

• Members

I still don't think it would work because it seems like people are tired of the Newmans show or the writers pets. Not writing for everybody. Y&R, soaps are like the GOP party. They not including everybody but they want everybody to watch as they write for a certain group of females & males.

• Members
Y&R recasted the characters that Brenda Dickson, Terry Lester, and Eileen Davidson played when they left (In Dickson's case fired). I guess there's a difference between being in a role for a long time and being an actor that made that role into an iconic character.

• Members
Moore’s ‘Young & the Restless’ character making a comeback

http://nypost.com/2014/07/28/moores-young-the-restless-character-making-a-comeback/

Malcolm Winters will return home to “make amends” with his family, including his brother Neil (Kristoff St. John).

“I just knew at some point when I thought it made sense I would love to go back if they would have me … to act in the show and play with my old family,” Moore told me. “I’m not leaving ‘Criminal Minds’ but I’m getting a chance to go back to where it all started.

“When they asked me to go back [to ‘Y&R’] it was a no-brainer,” he says. “I have a feeling when I get there it will feel just like yesterday and I’ll give Kristoff a big old hug and jump right back into [Malcolm’s] shoes.

“The fans haven’t forgotten about me and it’s nice to see the excitement is still there,” he says, alluding to the social media buzz that followed the announcement of Moore’s “Y&R” return. “And I hope it’s not the only time I can do this. I hope they write [the episodes] in a way that maybe this is something I can do from time to time. A lot of people get successful and it’s like their soap days never happened. I’ll never be that guy. I’ve always said I wouldn’t be where I am today without ‘Y&R’ and Malcolm Winters, and without [late show creator] Bill Bell taking a chance on me.”

Archived