Y&R: A Winters family reunion

• Members

Y&R could have already gone the rivalry route with Devon & Mason competing for Hilary or even done a love square with Devon, Hilary, Abby & Tyler given Abby & Devon's previous flirting & Tyler's history with Lily but instead Mason is gone & Tyler is in an afterthought pairing with the "lesser" Newman daughter while Devon chases a woman married to his father. If Devon & Hilary's relationship survives her pairing with Neil she will cheat on him with a white male character.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Like who? Billy. So she can be treated like crap by him so the audience can see how special his rapist Chelsea is to him. If this were OLTL, I might agree. But this is #YR. It will be Nate. Or possibly Summer's little criminal husband. The actor is part native american.

They screwed mason over for Hilary's little redemption story with Devon and the fraud.

Tyler was never going back into lily's orbit.

You are talking of things that were over and done with before the writers even to go with Devon and Hilary as a couple.which was only a few months ago after her pairing with Neil flopped.

• Members

I am 99% certain that TPTB are hoping Shemar Moore can bring back some of those eyeballs that they have lost over the years with the treatment of their black cast. They think this story they have going now is a hit and they are utilizing them better. They are hoping that the viewers come for Shemar but stay for the Winters story.

• Members

Shemar Moore is just an attempt by TPTB to try to bring viewers back. Someone extremely high up at CBS had to work out this deal.

JFP would never have done this. Apparently the ratings downward spiral caused someone upstairs to finally take notice. Time to cut some dead weight!

• Members

THANK YOU! So if there was a real interest in these other characters, they could bring them back too. I'm a huge Shemar fan, and glad to see him returning for a couple of days, but don't feel he's irreplaceable as recast....they just have to put some work into it. Darius McCrary by no means had the Malcolm flavor whatsoever, so that was clearly a miscast.

While I loved VR's Drucilla, I feel even she can be recast. This was also an important character, and it makes no sense they haven't at least tried to recast the role since they don't want VR back.

• Members

The way the soap press is now, if the network and their sources tell them to support a Dru recast, they will, not matter how wrong she is or how basic her portrayal is. Victoria Rowell is a large part of why Dru was successful which is why it's an impossible role to recast. She was so nuanced that I just can't see it being done. I know they did it twice before but those were both temp recasts. I've always wanted to see them, particularly Kent King as Dru. She's a good actress, but that is an obvious miscast.

Archived