YR Casting, Days Uncasting

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think for Eileen it's more Y and R doesn't tape as fast as DAYS. DAYS tapes so ahead of time and playing Kristin is grueling. Eileen wants to be more with her son who is growing up. I love her at DAYS and think she is amazing on there and can't wait to see her three month arc on there. I just wish they would write better for Ashley she hasnt been written well in years.

• Members

Blah, and shame on DAYS for not signing her. I can't imagine Y&R uses her very well. They want her because they don't want DAYS to have her, IMHO. DAYS just writes for her so much better. Oh well. And too bad her return on DAYS is only 12 weeks. That's disappointing.

It's also pretty sad she hasn't even aired yet and she's already back to Y&R with a contract. LOL

• Members

Looks like YR is engaging in a battle with GH who can do the most casting and raise the ratings. Casting keeps an audience only in the short term. A well rounded well written show keeps the audience forever!

Exactly what in the sam hell is YR going to do with Ashley? The guy she has chemistry with is stuck so far up Bricky's ass he'd have to be surgically removed. I think Devon and Ashley should have a steamy love affair and build a company in between romps!

• Members

That's the thing. I can't see them doing anything with Ashley. Eileen deserves better than to be window dressing, and that's all Ashley has been for years and years now, IMO. I will never understand her desire to be at Y&R, but clearly she considers it her home and loves it there, and apparently they were willing to give her what DAYS wouldn't (not saying I know they wouldn't, but she gets far more critical praise and far more meaty material on DAYS ... I get it's draining on her but seriously ... Days is the better option for her).

Y&R is becoming extremely blah and generic, which is sad. I feel like she signed on to a sinking ship, not that DAYS is too far above them either, but at least they seem to still be telling storylines and play beats that matter (for the most part) and things are set up in ways that make sense.

Again, I totally think they hounded her and gave her whatever she wanted just so they can say they have her. I hope to be proven wrong but IMO, that's a disservice to her. We'll see, I guess.

• Members

yep. The taping schedule coupled with the bad pay is why DAYS can't hold actors down.

but, I think the addition of KDP/Eve might make Kristen irrelevant. I actually foresee Eve being the first woman to not fall under Daniel's spell - even if she does fall for him in the traditional sense, I don't think she will be self-destructive or obsessive.

• Members

Just as I predicted last week that she would be seen on Y&R before the arc finishes on DAYS. As ED said, Kristen should only be there for special arc, since SONY owns both shows, I'm sure they can make arrangements when necessary. Glad that ED will be back on Y&R, bring on Stitch/Ashley!

• Members

Also maybe Y and R pays her more. Last time Eileen was contract was 2012 and MAB did a number on her. Horrid stories and Eileens Ashley was window dressing serving coffee at jabot. Just terrible storylines. I see Eileen wanting an easier work schedule for her son. Her son is like 10 or 11. He needs his mama is there anything with her putting her son first. Working 60 hours a week at days is not enough time to be with her child.

• Members

Very happy to see Eileen on Y&R and off Days. I don't trust this writing staff with Kristen. And, like someone mentioned, that taping schedule is getting out of hand. If they change writers/producers, this is the first thing they need to look at. Quality actors are being lost.

• Members

IA, sungrey, but I wouldn't trust Y&R's writers with Ashley (or any veteran character) either. I'm happy Eileen Davidson has a contract, though. She got babies to raise up and bills to pay.

Twenty-six months ahead and, like, fifty-eight episodes per week? Oh, yeah, lol.

Archived