YR Casting, Days Uncasting

• Members

I can see it now: Ashley returns, she and Stitch hook up, Victoria's baby is born, Stitch sues for and wins custody, the truth comes out, Stitch has to give up the baby to Victoria and Billy (the baby's real daddy, with whom Victoria has reunited), Ashley goes through the trauma of losing yet another child.

Same.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't criticize Eileen for going with an easier job that she feels comfortable in.

Ashley has been a non-character for 20 years and nothing will likely change that, but I have a feeling Eileen stopped caring about the material a long, long time ago.

• Members
I don't see anything they can do with Ashley. Abby could use a mother to play off of and to protect her from Victor who is bound to start trying to part Abby from Tyler in an effort to make Tabby happen. But that's it.

Ashley had chemistry with Ben but I don't see the story there. Ben is not like Tucker who will screw up to bring angst to the pairing.

Now, if they were bringing her back for Neil to free up Hilary, I would be super happy. But the odds of that are slim. They would recast Tucker for her first.

• Members

Ashley used as a door mat for town man-whore brought gloom not angst. I realize Ashley can be passive, but her run with Tucker was depressing to watch.

Ashley playing the cougar with Ben could be lots of fun. I also remember ED saying she asked for Ashley to be paired with Neil. They had a super sexy bed scene , but unfortunately he was only used as a plot point for hooking her up with Tucker.

Ashley's relationship with Tucker should be over. Even a re-cast Tucker, with a revamped personality, doesn't change the fact he cheated on her twice, both times in the bed she shared with him. Saddling Ashley with Tucker, again, would be miserable from day one.

• Members

Agree with all. Hated Tucker and Ashley from the outset because of how Neil was pushed aside. I would have let it slide if it had turned into a real rivalry with Neil but they never played that. They forced Tucker in as a rival for Victor instead.

• Members

I thought ED's loyalty laid in the Bell family so I figured that if she were to leave DAYS she would have headed to BB rather than YR tbh.

I know BB has its plate full as it is but her ashley abbott visited and shared a past with Ridge didnt she? A Ashley/nuRidge story might have been far more riveting that whatever jfp has up her sleeve for ED.

• Members

I can't fault Eileen because this is a personal decision, it's about her life and what's best for her family. Y&R is an easier gig that pays better and is willing to succumb to the schedule she gives them.

DAYS is, by far, the showcase for Eileen's talents. Kristen flies, she is a brilliant character, one of the daytime greats...but she is exhausting to play, especially given the way she has to feature: intensely.

Thus, I will delight in the 12 weeks of Kristen, and be happy for Eileen that she's cashing in at Y&R.

• Members

Agreed. Plus, I believe ED is right - Kristen should only be in for arcs - the character is so over-the-top and a catalyst - it doesn't make sense to ever have Kristen sitting at Salem Place bumping into people for no reason or rehashing Daniel's latest antics.

I also believe after the last DAYS gig, which far surpassed the original Kristen run, Y&R is able to craft Ashley to be a little more sexy and aggressive than before (given the long history of the character), it would not be a stretch. Just no victim Ash, please.

Archived