Y&R: Recasting

• Members

Agreed, but a lot of that had to do with the horrific writing and storylines - Emily as a hooker. C'mon. KMH did have some good material to work with when Hunter was revealed to be her bio-son via the egg storyline that created Alison years earlier, but that story was unbelievable cut short. If they write Phyllis as a shrew, then there isn't much an actor can do. The real danger with the story is that Jack is paired with Kelly, who is no angel, so unless the do a complete rewrite with her, having two scheming women after Aunt Jack is just going to be too much. I suppose it won't be long before Phick is revisited. Perhaps, that's the real plan, because Cady is 44 and having a second woman almost 20 years junior to PB is wrong.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

even if MS reprized the role there wouldn't be any Jack/Phyl. TPB don't give a f*ck what Jack does, really and truly. I don't expect that to change. nuPhil's new pairing will be between Nick, Dylan, Victor, and nuAdam, imo.

• Members

but Jack has always been around. I don't know why people keep bringing this point up? The problem with Jack has never been his screen-time, but the way the cards fall as far as the SL's Jack's involved.

there is a HUGE 'poordat' moment looming over Jack, and that's when he loses his daughter to Summer and Victor is left to point and laugh at him, yet again, and he will once again fall off the wagon and into the gutter... yay? I mean I'm not even the biggest fan of Jack, but even I can see the 'DOOM' written on the wall, and the constant 'fail' moments are getting exhausting.

this shows to me exactly where Jack falls on the character totem pole.

• Members

Jack is Victor's foil. That is his role on canvas. But just because he loses to Victor doesn't mean that TPTB doesn't care about him. They obviously do. He is always sympathetic and every romance he gets is written so that you can root for him to be happy. I can give you a long list of characters that they don't care about. Jack's name would not be on it.

• Members

with Jack and Victor there is no real sense of back and forth. Victor always wins, even when he loses. LOL And Jack's relationships always hit a brick wall. There is no real sense of 'maybe, this time!' not any more, at least.

at most, Jack is used as busy-work for other characters until TPTB decide what they are gonna do w/ them, like with Kelly... she will be with Jack, sure - until show runners find something better for her. unsure.png

i never get any sense that TPTB put any thought into Jack's 'well-being' and it's really sad.

i'm glad PB is getting work tho... that's great. I guess.

• Members

Robin Christopher - while almost certainly JFP's first choice for any role - is too genteel to play Phyllis. She doesn't have the raw edge Stafford had.

Jamie Luner could do it and is talented, but she's frankly a bit low-rent for Y&R - or at least, for the Y&R that created Phyllis, not this one.

Sarah Brown would be a coup.

Archived