Y&R: Recasting

• Members

You know if they can get Sarah brown that's exactly who it'll be.

So they can stick it gh in on their heads, and Stafford by going younger with an acts who can take her on in the Emmy race.

It's so petty. Phyllis's isn't needed and I say that as someone who loved her.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm totally against this, but I have to say after seeing some of her work on "The Following" on Fox, and if she were still in daytime, I would consider Natalie Zea as Phyllis.She played Gwen #2 for 2 years on Passions and can play a conniving scheming bitch well, so I could see her in that role.

Also I was thinking maybe Alicia Coppola would make a great Phyllis if they would be able to accept her as a brunette?

• Members

Yeah she's really good in that role and has grown as an actress since being on Passions.

Her work as Gwen was always overshadowed by Liza Huber's (who is also a talented actress and should be Victoria) but I remember loathing Gwen at that time so it shows she did a good job, haha.

• Members

I was just in the Melrose place forum and it came to my attention, how about laura Leighton if she's willing to come to daytime?? having said that.... and as much as I once loved michelle Stafford and the character of phyliss and as down with a recast seen as my recent and above posts, I do believe this seems as a desperation ploy on Y&R part!! it screams to me that they were just waiting for Stafford to come crawling back and kiss theyre feet to reprise her role and as soon as they found out she was heading to GH, what 1, 2 days and they put out they were recasting the role?? it just seems desperate and the fact that they can stick it to Stafford and be like "ha ha" we can recast you!! maybe im reading to much into it but, come on Y&R, you can do better than that!!

• Members

i'm totally here for LL as Phil. biggrin.png I think she could totally breathe NEW life into Phyllis and take the character to dif. places!

speaking of redheads from MP... what's Marcia Cross been up to since DH ended? I wonder if she would be down for daytime...?

• Members

Of course, I'm with the Robin Christopher supporters, love her. And while I wouldn't wish her the thankless job of taking on a popular character as a recast, I feel like Phyllis was damaged enough in her final years that she could take on the role and win fans over.

And I feel like she could take on the raw side of Phyllis well, Skye on OLTL was basically Phyllis.

Robin and Peter would look fab together.

Archived