Y&R: Recasting

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like robin Christopher but I don't see JFP going with her as Phyllis isn't she rooted on the east coast? Jill will probably go with Kelly Sullivan I would like her to do a casting call for the role. Imagine if Judy blye Wilson cast Sarah Michelle gellar as Phyllis. Judy and Sarah go way back to her being cast as Kendall. SMG would make for an interesting Phyllis.

• Members

I was watching this clip and this comment was on the bottom:

@imachildofthe80s8089 i think shes replaceable..i never liked jaimie lyn bauer...everyones replaceable..except michelle stafford..no one can play phyllis like MS
I can't believe someone would say Michelle is irreplaceable and Jamie Lynn Bauer isn't!! I say ditch Phyllis completely and bring in the Brook's family.

• Members

TBH, do we even need a new Redzilla? They should just have her flatline and be done. This show needs a new complex vixen. Not the same, tired characters over and over. I don't care to see Phyllis drift between Nick & Jack over and over again.

I'd rather them bring back Jennifer Brooks or a daughter of Lorie Brooks and have her latch onto Jack or Nick for their money and clash with Nikki & Sharon in the process. That would be WAY more interesting IMO.

• Members

Phyllis isn't needed at all and the rush to bring her, Adam, etc. on shows a lack of creativity that is to be expected with soaps these days. It took 2 years to recast Victoria and Dru is one of their tentpole characters and she hasn't been on in YEARS. Sometimes you do need to recast, but I don't think Phyllis is needed anytime soon. Especially if she's going to be 15 years younger and completely miscast.

Archived