Y&R: Recasting

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's ridiculous!

I guess they waited for MS to humble herself and return to the show, but when she went to GH, YR knew it was time to move forward. All MS will get at GH is airtime!

ETA: They are looking for a youthful looking actress, but the character may still be age appropriate, something that is not talked about at all on soaps.

• Members

She is in Michael/Lauren/Christine/Paul's age range and now they're casting someone even younger than Cady McClain lol. Perhaps in the end they'll find someone age-appropriate. I'm surprised they didn't seek out name actors in the casting call.

• Members

Yeah, if only they could find a 35-40 who looks as good as MS at 50+ with a body to match. Funny how they Y&R opening still has MS in it (every single day). I think the show would be better served by waiting until DT's Billy gets a direction and settles in. We know NuNuAdam is coming soon and, now, this. We knew all three characters were going to be recast, but the actors were immensely popular and all carried major storylines for years. Let the recast settle in one-by-one.

• Members

I've always found Robin Christopher to be such a cold actress. I hope they don't cast her. If she weren't taken, I'd say Kassie DePaiva. I'd want her to dye the hair, but I think she's the right age and she's a soap actor that still is willing to act and hasn't fallen into bad habits. I could see her putting in the work needed to pull off such a big recast. I'm kinda disappointed she's on DAYS because I feel they won't use her the way she should be used.

• Members

Oh JFP. Why not let the character be as old as she is? Lots of great, still attractive actresses in Stafford's age range that would love steady gig. Not just soap actors. Good talented people who don't get offered a lead as often because they have aged out of romantic comedy age.

• Members

On Twitter I've seen Sarah Brown, Kelly Menighan Hensley (Emily, ATWT) and Martha Byrne mentioned. I know she would NEVER get it, but I wouldn't be against Martha Byrne. I could see her giving us a more nuanced portrayal, similar to Sandra Nelson's version. She was also great on Crisis not long ago, so she's still got it.

• Members

I'm not a JFP hater, but she clearly does not like other women of a certain age! She discriminates worse than men. Before Jackie Z butchered her face, Jill said something not so kind about what the audience didn't want to see from a woman her age.

Archived