Characters You would like to return in short story arcs for Days' 50th Anniversary

• Members

It blows my mind that the character of Jeremy Horton has played such a small role over the years- there is no reason for him NOT to be on our screens. He is a legacy character. He is a male Horton. Everyone would easy accept a recast. And he is pretty much a blank slate- I mean sure, he was a jerk during his short stint in 2007- but that was a while ago and he could easily have "learned from his mistakes" and be a "good guy" now, or he could be a villain, he could have a dark side.. Anything- he's a blank slate! I used to say all the same things about Eric Brady- and look at GV's success the past couple of years. The character of Eric (when outside he Daniel orbit) is pretty well liked, well developed, and well integrates on canvas.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's interesting. His name was only spoken once in Missy's second run from 2000-2006, and not by Jennifer. Did Kristin ever say that she and Jen were SILs? If not, then it is very safe to say that this was not an oversight. There is a 14-year pattern here that is hard to overlook. Even Jim Reilly honored this policy. He backed out on the agreement not to reference that Frankie was Francois Von Leuschner. He talked about various parts of J&J history, even referencing Jack's relationship to Melissa, something that hadn't been mentioned since the wedding in 1991, and was ignored in 2002 when Lisa Trussell returned for a baptism. But he never mentioned Peter.

Back in 2001 when MA/Jack returned it was immediately understood that Peter had been excised from the continuity and his character erased from the J&J story. Jack even once said to Jennifer: "I thought I was your only ex." This dynamic was openly discussed on the message boards. I think that after all these years the policy remains in effect.

• Members

For me it depends on what if anything they do.

It'd be nice to see Doug, Julie, Kim, Shane, Carrie, Austin, Laura, etc but they have also returned over the years and kind of recently. They could easily be brought back and should but obviously characters that haven't been seen in awhile would be a treat but harder unless it was for an event of some sort.

I don't want a bunch of old characters forced on for no other reason than the shows 50th like GH horribly did.

• Members

Kristen stated Peter's name in a scene with Jennifer and he was acknowledge as an ex husband.

Melissa and Jack shared scenes together in 2001 at the baptism and you could tell from the tension in the scenes that they shared a past together without them saying "hey we were almost married".

• Members

I wouldn't mind seeing randoms like, Johnny the boy that was in Marlena's care for awhile, Alan Harris pop up in town and Kidnap Ari to seek revenge on Samantha Gene, or a child of Eugene and Calliope, prefer his name to be Jones Bradford coming into town wanna a slice of the DiMera pie since the Bradfords are distant cousins of the DiMeras.

• Members

I remember that scene from the baptism. It was in 2002. The tension was more about the fact that Jack was being labeled, at that point, a miserable failure who ruined Jen's life. And everyone was disgusted with him for the shameful and unforgivable act of telling an emotionally unstable princess that he was gay.

Besides, Jack and Melissa reconciled, in a nice victory for Jack and his redemption. Kayla could never totally forgive and forget--Melissa could. The J&J fan base on the Connotator lamented the lack of references to their history. It was rightfully observed that this would not have been the case for anyone other than Jack, whose non-Jennifer history was regarded as largely irrelevant. We saw this again a few months later when Chloe had cancer and the Light the Night Walk focused on Abby, just because she had a transfusion, rather than Jack who actually HAD cancer. No other major character would have had that history ignored.

It is interesting that Jen acknowledged Peter as an ex-husband. That is a reversal of a 14-year policy on the show. Back in the second run, the period following Matt Ashford's departure in 1993 was referred to as "the faux era."

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Now that we're gaining on the 50th, I figured I'd bump it up and see who we want to see appear now that we are close to the filming dates!ph34r.pngph34r.pngwhistling.jpgwhistling.jpgwink.png Let the names drop.

Bill and Laura Horton

Marie Horton

ghost of Mickey

more Doug and Julie

Carrie and Mike

Shawn D., Belle, Claire, Phillip and Chloe

Sandy Horton and Steve Olsen

Melissa and Sarah and Nathan Horton

Don Craig and Neil Curtis

Stefano's dear departed children[Lexie,Elvis,Megan,Renee,Tony]

Of course Sami[in and out]

Suggestions?

• Members

I really do hope they get any former/current Y&R/B&B actors who had roles on Days in the 70's/80's to come back for a little

Quinn Redeker, Tracey Bregman, Patty Weaver, Barbara Crampton, even Hunter Tylo.

It would be interesting to see how they intersect with the current cast.

• Members

We are almost certainly going to get Sami, Melissa, Kim, Shane, Laura, and Carrie -- those actors have shown that they are likely to do guest spots in recent years. Maybe Chloe? I also bet there'll be more Julie and Doug (who appear anyway), probably Marie, and hopefully John Martin's Bill. Mike would be nice, too (and I agree that they should use this to usher several of these people back in for real).

I'd be fine with some ghostly appearances, too, if done right.

Archived