Characters You would like to return in short story arcs for Days' 50th Anniversary

• Members

I am so done with Steve, Bo, Jack (ugh) and all that supercouple stuff. 99% of the time they don't know how to write them anymore, the "couple stories" have NO freshness, the poor women get saddled with them and it becomes ALL about the men, and the whole show just regresses and comes to a halt at the altar of supercouples. It's just so 1988. IF they could write it well, then maybe. But we all know that they can't, won't, and will never. So I prefer they stay gone.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with you, YRBB. The days (HA!) of supercouples and run-and-gun stories are over. Shore up the Hortons, introduce more Carvers and create a new, third family that isn't about Better Living Through Mind Control. If I were coming aboard DAYS, that'd be my game plan.

• Members

LOL @ "the days of supercouples"! You're absolutely right. Having this one couple that nobody else can come between just makes all those people and stories SO stale. Not to mention how characters lose any individual significance. I just don't see why anyone would want to see Hope in the back of a bike shooting at a drug lord trying to escape Salem. Jack dying was SUCH a great thing for the Deveraux/Hortons. JJ's intro story alone was worth it and they got a little out of it with the Eve story, too. Hortons, Carvers and a new family would be great.

• Members

Especially when Bo and Hope are grandparents, for God's sake. Will they still be doing "Holding Out for a Hero" on the streets of Burbank Salem when Claire's daughter marries Stefano DiMera IV against her will?

• Members

I wouldn't mind Hope in cop mode at all. I think the show is missing some intrigue. Doesn't have to be crazy but it's still missing. I don't need Stefano sending his Marlena clones out on the town, but a good mystery would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Actually, I would burn down the Horton house...well, right about now. Then, after months of construction, Daniel and Maggie would arrange for the rest of the family to surprise the very depressed Jennifer with a combination family reunion/house re-warming party/Thanksgiving celebration (in time for the 50th). And yes, the Horton living room would be intact, only with some...freshening up?

Archived