Characters You would like to return in short story arcs for Days' 50th Anniversary

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry, but Maggie (and NOT Suzanne Rogers) was ruined as a character for me between the relationship with Victor (which I was for, once upon a time) and her insta-bond with her insta-son and insta-granddaughter to the point of being their biggest, loudest, most annoying cheerleader.

• Members

My problem with Maggie hasn't so much been the Victor relationship (though there are still angles there to explore -- like Melissa and Sarah's feelings on the marriage) as it has been the Daniel factor. She's been better lately, but it really reached its zenith when she was racing around town barking at everyone about "Daniel and Jennifer!" and looking like she was in the throes of an orgasm every time she shouted, "MY SON!"

• Members

My wish list (not all Hortons):

1. Maree Cheatham - An original cast member and a Horton.

2. Bill & Susan Hayes - What's a celebration without Doug and Julie?

3. Jed Allan - It's high time Don Craig comes back from mailing his income tax forms!

4. Joe Gallison - In the same vein as Don Craig, it's high time that Neil Curtis gets done seeing his patients...LOTS of patients.

5. John H. Martin - I would love to finally have Bill Horton back full time. This is a role that John should have been playing since 2010, when he first appeared as Bill.

6. Wayne Northrup - If only to walk in, sucker punch Josh Taylor, and say, "You're Christopher f**king Kostichek!!!!"

• Members

Maggie is certainly not "ruined" for me. Whatever you feel about Daniel and Melanie, Maggie's devotion to them is right in character with the way she's been portrayed since he first day on the show (save for a few years when Jim Reilly wrote her as a shrew). Of course, it's completely out of character for her to be in a relationship with Victor -- but as with AW's Rachel and Carl, I'm willing to suspend disbelief for the sake of seeing some veterans get screen time.

• Members

I hate to say this because the woman seems like a nice person and I think does deserve to be used onscreen by the show. But. I've never liked Maggie. She wasn't on all that much when I first started watching the show in the 1980's. When she was she was just annoying. I will take Julie any day. Or Marlena.

Archived