Characters You would like to return in short story arcs for Days' 50th Anniversary

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just think having a short arc for the character would wrap up a storyline on this "mysterious" Horton who seems to just have disappeared. I mean, at this point though, if they didn't want to pay the $ to pay an actor for a short arc I agree that even a mention that "Uncle Tommy has died" would at least let us know what happened to the guy.

• Members

Some mini stories that draw on the past might be good vehicles to bring back past characters and performers

eg Lisa Trusel returns as Melissa to seek advice/comfort from Maggie as she has been in touch with her mother Linda. Elaine Princi could return as Linda.Flashbacks could be used.Seems Linda is dying . At first it appears to be a scam, only to be revealed Linda really is sick Melissa and Linda reconcile.

• Members

I love the idea of short arcs with past characters. and I'd be happy to see Lisa Trusel again -- but honestly, I try to block out the memory of Elaine Princi as Linda. It wasn't completely the actress' fault -- she was saddled with that ridiculous Madame X story -- but for me, she couldn't hold a candle to Margaret Mason. With Mason sadly gone, perhaps Maggie could counsel Melissa through troubles with Pete -- it would be fun to see Michael Leon again. And I'm holding out hope for Jed Allan, Joe Gallison, Gloria Loring, Robert Clary, Patty Weaver and Michael Eure. I suspect I'll be disappointed on all counts.

• Members

I would sell crack just to have Gloria Loring back on DAYS. I wouldn't even care that all Liz did was accompany Maggie on her weekly pilgrimages to the Oracle at Daniel. I just want her back on that show.

• Members

I would love to have Scotty Banning back

In my head, the story would shake out like this

Scotty returns for a job at the hospital and runs into his ex GF, Anne Milbaur

Scotty still doesnt know why they broke up. Grandma Julie admits she didnt like Anne and paid her of to leave Scotty.

Jennifer believes that is why Anne hates the Hortons. Anne admits thats part 1.

Part 2 is that after being paid off, she found out she was with child. She tried to tell Scott and Julie but Julie blocked all attempts

Months later, Anne gave birth however, after the birth a nurse told her that her son died.

Julie says she didnt know about the baby and Anne confirms that

Scotty decides to find out what happened to their son & finds info on the nurse.

He goes to meet her and she tells him about that night. While talking, the nurses son, RORY comes home with friends JJ and Bev

Scott meets Rory and exits.

Come to find out over the next few months, that the baby didnt die, the nurse took him and Rory is the bio child of Anne & Scott

The truth comes out when Rory needs medical attention

Rory then tries to adjust to being a Horton, JJ & Scott help him

However, given Rory's past selling and taking pot, some of the Hortons are Judgmental

Both of Scott's paents , David & Trish visit to meet their grandchild.

Anne is hopeful that she can restart her romance with Scotty. Only one problem, Eve Donovan has the same idea.

• Members

I like your creativity here with this! That's one way to get the Hortons front and center again. And you gave Anne a purpose on why she hates the Hortons. I had connected her hatred to the Hortons and Jennifer saying that Anne was once a former lover of Peter Dimera who constantly obssessed over Jennifer and losing her again to Jack. When Peter left her to try and get Jennifer back, it left Anne hurt and vengeful. She blames Jennifer and the Hortons for driving Peter to the brink of insanity and blames Jennifer for Peter's "death." Maybe we should write for DAYS!

Archived