Y&R: March Discussion

• Members
All good suggestions for DT. The fact that you have them shows that you see there are issues with him.

He definitely needs to work out. And if they end the Villy drama and give him a new story/pairing where he is the clear protagonist (he seems like the antagonist for a Victoria and Stitch right now) , I suspect he will be better received. I just hope it is not a Villy redux of sorts with Chelsea and Victor playing antagonist.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I remember the Portland thing. I feel like he should have investigated who her parents are though. Shouldn't he be wondering if this is Cassie's twin or some relation? I know she would still be no real relation to him, but wouldn't sentimentality make him feel something? I can hardly believe Nick would be indifferent to Cassie's twin even though she is no relation to him.

Since thinking Jack is her father has changed Summer's relationship with the Newman's (in ways I find unbelievable), I guess I feel Victor has some justification for trying to get the truth out of Sharon. He'll be restoring Nick's relationship with his daughter, but using this young woman without even knowing who she really is grates on me.

• Members

Yeah, I think seeing Cassie's double will affect everyone else.

Victor said he is using the Cassie look-alike to prevent Nick and Sharon from reuniting, and trying to learn what the secret is. I don't think anyone knows that Sharon had any involvement in the paternity reveal but Phyllis and Cassie's ghost. Vic may have put the pieces together by now but if so, that's new. This gaslighting has been underway for a while.

I hate it how Vic always says "if you do _____________, you will regret it." And he is never referring to naturally occurring consequences. He then goes on to make them regret it. So the destruction that ensues is always HIS doing. It is not a consequences of anyone else's actions. He creates huge messes that probably would not happen otherwise. It is beyond tiresome to me.

• Members

I enjoy David Tom's Billy more when he interacts with characters other than Victoria. Everything about him seems much more relaxed. I also think his severe underbite causes him to have problems with enunciation.

• Members

That article says they are looking for a very specific actor to replace Michael Muhney.

Does that mean they are going to vet this recast and when I say vet, I mean, check out his Twitter history and make sure he doesn't have a tendency to praise himself on a daily basis?

• Members

Haha. I think they realize what a pivotal role Adam is to the Y&R canon. After the popularity and strength of MM as an actor (Love him or hate him, he does have talent), they know they need to get someone good. I still think they should wait until November at the earliest.

Archived