Y&R: March Discussion

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just thinking about this yesterday (funny where one's mind goes while in the shower washing the hair).

Couldn't there have been a better way to make Lauren & Jill related without stripping Jill, an original character, of the link to the show's origins?

I personally don't think they even needed to be related since both characters have been on the show's canvas for so long.

But if they insisted on connecting them biologically, what would be the difference with making them cousins? Or even giving Lauren ties to the Fosters, perhaps through her Mother's side? There wasn't much known about Lauren's mother's family-- how difficult could it have been to write a link? They could have even had Lauren's Mother hide it to conceal her blue collar roots.

• Members

Happy Birthday Chit! Hope you're enjoying it biggrin.png

The story was beyond convoluted, perhaps someone knows better than I but sometime after it was revealed that Katherine was not Jill's biological Mother (a DNA test, I think) Jill went digging for more answers and discovered that her father was the same as Lauren's. Lauren was at first unhappy about her father taking this secret to the grave (can't remember whether that meant he'd had an extra-marital affair or was it before he married Lauren's Mom?) but of course, Lauren eventually came around, since they know refer to each other as 'Sis'.

So basically, Jill and Lauren supposedly have the same father.

I wish I saw the point of this because this still doesn't clear up the mystery of who is Jill's Mother and TIIC killed off Liz Foster.

• Members

Neil Fenmore fell in love with a girl from the wrong side of the tracks. His family wouldn't allow them to be together. The girl gave the baby up for adoption and later killed herself (I think). This all happened before he married Lauren's mother, who knew about it all but never said anything. There was a trial because Jill wanted her share of the inheritance and Lauren's mom was brought back and confirmed it on the stand.

• Members

IMO, there was no point to making Jill a Fenmore. They would have been better off revealing her to be Bill Foster's child from an extramarital affair. That way, at least, she could have stayed a member of the Foster clan.

• Members

LOL! Well, let me put it THIS way: she would have remained Snapper and Greg's BIOLOGICAL half-sister. The only part of her history that would have been altered would be that she wasn't any longer Liz's BIOLOGICAL daughter.

• Members

Biological means nothing. Besides, those characters have been off the canvas for decades. However, by tying Jill to Lauren (and, of course, the Baldwins), it gave Jill some sort of relevant family. Anyway, Jill has so many connections to the GC community, it doesn't really matter. I'm actually glad they gave Lauren a sibling.

• Members

Cousins would've done just fine. Still find it pointless. Both had longstanding ties to GC.

And Ashley not being John's biological daughter didn't just happen 30 years after the character was introduced. It was a well know part of her story. Everyone saw Ashley as John's daughter because she was during her entire life and we saw that while John was alive. Digging up Lauren's dead Daddy and giving him a philanderous past. Pointless. Well, maybe not completely...it's good trivia for soap history buffs.tongue.png

• Members

I actually still

I actually pray one day this happens, but they would have to come up with a damn good explanation as to why Liz lied to Jill all those years. Regardless I have grown to like Jill and Lauren scenes so If it was ever revealed for them to not be sisters, maybe they can still remain BFF's.

Archived