Piers Morgan canceled. Does anyone watch CNN anymore?

quartermainefan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Piers' was the only show I could tolerate other than Anderson's. Erin Burnett is so smug and so blatantly biased in favor of the GOP. Same with Jake Tapper. Wolf has become a total joke (or was he always and I didn't notice?).

CNN's formula under Zucker seems to be a mix of Anthony Bourdain and documentaries repeated ad nausem, and a hard move to the right on the "news" side to appeal to Fox viewers.

The problem is the people who watch Fox will never switch over to CNN beause they have had it drilled into their heads that only Fox can be trusted.

But I'm sure Zucker will continue to try. Maybe he will use the freed up space to give Sippy Cupp her own show.

And I'm sure the gun crowd is taking credit for Piers' show being canceled.

• Members

They're blaming the cancellation on his being "too British"? Really? If anything, his British-ness, IMO, was a saving grace. Otherwise, the show was a tremendous waste of air-time (again, IMO).

First, Simon Cowell; and now, Piers Morgan. Something tells me our great love affair with the UK has reached its climax. ;)

• Members

Zucker fired Morgan to take the pressure off himself. Blame one guy for the entirety of CNN's poor ratings. This is the same guy who ran NBC into the ground and was fired for it ignominiously, wasn't it? Zucker isn't fit to run a hotdog stand.

Archived