DAYS wins WGA Award for best Daytime Drama

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol. I wish I were the bigger person and could just let these kind of statements pass without comment. But we all know I can't. So why pretend? Frank and Ron didn't save anything. Through nothing more than outlasting horrible replacement programming that failed miserably, they were given breath. If you like some of the things they've done, that's great. I'm happy for you. But they really haven't outperformed the other soaps' growth.

• Members

Not to get off topic again, but Vee brought up a valid point. I'd like to know what GH's and Days' budgets are (and Jack would know the BTS stuff). I could understand, at first, why Days had to tape ahead to save money. I don't understand it now. There is no reason why you should be taping Christmas shows in June or July. None. At ANY soap. If the GH and Days budgets are the same, then someone fill us in on how far GH tapes ahead.

If these ratings hold up for GH and Days... if these shows start to attract more/new viewers... then the networks should add a bit back to the budget to get these shows off the dime. I'm not saying break the bank, but stop making the shows look cheap.

That's all. :)

• Members

Kinda funny that when he first got GH as a staff writer in 2011 when OLTL was canned he was so excited to work with Garin Wolf who was HW & also Fi-core

Then we RC became HW, Garin stayed on for six months. So if GH had won an WGA award for an episode GW had a hand in would RC have not accepted the award & pulled a Marlon Brando

I think not

• Members

So wait -- all four soaps currently standing ALL had writers that went Fi-Core during the strike to keep things ticking along. What does he think Garin Wolf was doing on GH while Bob Guza went on strike? Whistling a merry tune while replaying the same scene of Sonny smashing barware over and over for a month and a half? By RC's logic, ALL the soaps should be out of contention for this award. Because they all kept going with Fi-Core writers back in January-February 2008.

Dumbass. And I usually give RC more leeway than most around here. But he's a loud mouth attention-seeker.

Archived