DAYS wins WGA Award for best Daytime Drama

• Members

Ron should know Gary didn't "steal" his job - they both had a long, long history at OLTL going back many years, and I believe he once worked under Gary himself. Tomlin took the hit and wrote the show for a couple of months. I had heard Frons had considered having RC replaced at that time, but I've never heard that GT jockeyed for the position. Plus his team is full of Ron's ex-OLTL writers. It's so ludicrous.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He took many of them, but I believe there are a number of really talented OLTL people at DOOL as well, including Melissa Salmons. When I watched that show early last year and heard the dialogue in some of the scenes with John and Kristen I instantly asked myself if they'd brought a few over from OLTL, and sure enough there were some.

• Members

Nope. Not turn it down but just know that your work won't be recognized by the union. Same for shows. If you hire a none union head writer then your show won't be recognized by the union. My father had been a union president for years, but when he was offered a management position, he had to break ties with the union. It's the risk you take. All I am saying is I understand where Ron is coming from. Beyond just being a hater. Lol

Archived