DAYS wins WGA Award for best Daytime Drama

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, that's all it is. He's bitching because Tomlin is fi-core and a "scab" and it's Tomlin's team. We can nuance the details but that's all of it. He knows better and he knows Gary Tomlin.

His first rule change request would be to retitle the show "Ron Carlivati's General Hospital, starring Roger Howarth."

• Members

I would assume RC's new contract at ABC has cycles where he can be fired. I dont get how he feels he can go on twitter and talk about his business like that. He is speaking for GH now. Even though I doubt ABC & Disney support his statement.

Does he think he's Teflon?

• Members

Right.

By watching Days this past year and half Ive noticed at of the Days writers who were at OLTL are really good. Makes me wonder if They were more of the magic of what I liked in Llanview and RC just got the cred.

RC just seems so overrated now that I see the [!@#$%^&*] he does on GH

• Members

I think people are being blinded by dislike for Ron here. I get his frustration.

How can DAYS win an award for best writing by a union member when a non-union member wrote the material? His material is winning, whether he gets the award or not.

If I had gone on strike and not received pay for 3 months and then a writer who said, "Screw the union, I want my money" and benefitted from the strike anyway won an award, I'd be pissed too.

My opinions on Ron, Gary, DAYS, and GH notwithstanding, I get it.

• Members

Juppiter the whole team wins the award not just the HW. Any Fi-core member of a writing team can not be nominated. So they are not being recoginized for their contributions. However RC seems to have tude that the HW does it all and that is so not the case

• Webmaster

I think everyone gets what he's saying, but ultimately the only show without a scab writer (based on the 2013 eligibility period) was GH. Both DAYS and Y&R were nominated and had scab HW's during 2013. Meanwhile B&B, which also had a scab writer on staff, chose not to nominate itself. So, Ron's statement would have been the same had it been Y&R and not DAYS, or even if B&B chose to nominate itself.

Archived