DAYS wins WGA Award for best Daytime Drama

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL Ron is such a bitter bitch. Ugh.

CONGRATS Days!! Totally deserved! They had an amazing 2013 (minus a couple of months in the spring, IMHO which were Dannifer heavy). Gee, once they corrected THAT problem, the show improves? Shocker. LOL. But seriously, the script writers are fantastic and totally deserve the credit and awards they're given. Tomlin? Meh, but at least he's not officially credited, so that's fine by me.

• Members

On one hand, I get it. I'm from Michigan, a big auto union state, with lots of family in the UAW, so I can understand Ron's position and not believing shows with scab writers should win, but this also comes across personal since Gary Tomlin write OLTL during the strike.

But congrats to DAYS though, it's been really good for a while now.

• Members

Ron is just being a sore loser and casting shade at the award to minimize its importance. He didn't voice objections to Days' nomination. That would have been the time. The better writing team won. Ron doesn't argue differently. He's just claiming his union has no integrity. Brilliant.

• Members

B&B doesn't have a scab head writer, like DAYS and Y&R (did with JG). Brad Bell never went fi-core. He's in good standing with the Guild. I also doubt that B&B's decision not to put itself up for nomination has anything to do with any scab writers on its staff (not sure who those writers are, by the way).

• Members

Did it elect not to put in for a nomination or did they just not get nominated.

This may be the last year for the WGA Award for daytime drama. The DGA eliminated the category and forces daytime to compete in the drama categories along with primetime shows, rumors are the WGA might go the same way.

• Members

Can't we all just be happy for DAYS? It's not my favorite show, but there are some very talented writers on staff who've written beautiful scripts over the past eligibility period. And for Ron's information, which I'm sure he already knows, the WGA award is judged on the three scripts submitted, which means the script writers work is what's really being judged. The actual dialogue, in other words. The HW's contribution is almost secondary.

They didn't elect to participate this year.

• Members

U know what I don't think Ron writing this was right. He sounds bitter. Days did have a great year and I think he and Gary tomlin must have bad blood. He must have felt bad when Gary took his job. Honestly I would love to see DAYS promote Lorraine Broderick as I so feel her influence and she is beloved by the WGA.

Archived