DAYS wins WGA Award for best Daytime Drama

• Members

That reminds of back when Garin Wolf was made HW at GH, former Gh scripter, Karen Harris complained that Wolf was given the HW gig since he was Fi-core status.

Karen didnt say he fi-core writers couldnt be on writing teams but they shouldnt be HW. I dunno sometimes I agree and sometimes I dont

I see it in principle but I think shows should have the best HW's possible

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you follow Ron's tweets, he in a reply to someone says that scabs (though Ron doesnt mention Gary by name) stole his job during the strike. So sounds like he's still upset Gary wrote OLTL during the strike. Who did Ron expect to write during the strike? It's not like they had the option to shut down like primetime shows.

• Members

His job wasn't stolen, SOMEBODY had to write these shows while these guys were picketing. It ensured he HAD a job when the strike was over. Had these soaps gone off the air for months during the strike they would've lost millions of viewers. At that time there was nobody in place supporting soaps so IF they did return, they'd return under no promotion, which means even less ratings. Also, Gary Tomlin and the other striking writers left once the strike was over so they definitely didn't steal his job or anything.

• Members

The rule was set when he submitted his team for consideration. If he was so offended by the rule he should have not submitted. Truth is he didn't object as long as he believed his bloggers who always tell him he's the bestest ever and singlehandedly revived daytime. I'm sure it's galling that his peers disagree.

AMC or OLTL probably beat GH.

• Members

LOL

Gary didnt steal [!@#$%^&*]. He filled in. RC came back a few weeks later

You wanna talk stolen look at DOOL then. Hogan Sheffer was HW but Dena wrote during the strike. Then after the strike, Hogan & his team were fired and they kept Dena. Now that is actually taking someone's job. I believe WGA investigated Days for that

Archived