Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also think they should've kept Carmine and had Lauren be torn between this thrilling fling that might actually be evolving into something more and the safety of her marriage and family. Have her truly be conflicted with this guy who makes her feel young vs. the bond she feels with her husband. As it is, Y&R took the boring easy way out, turning Carmine into a stalker psycho and Lauren once again a victim. Now they're running on fumes from what used to be a hot storyline that is now past faded.

The bad thing is that if they try to bring Carmine back now, it will reek of one of those ridiculous plot twists that have become the stereotypical plots that are now synonymous with daytime soaps. The ones that get lampooned and made fun of.

• Members

I'm trying to watch this show on TVGN. I don't understand why they have Angel Conwell and Kristoff St. John stuck doing nothing interesting. They're talented, beautiful people.

Do they think this new haircut makes Fen look heterosexual? It's hard to say which of these young guys is gayer, him, Noah, or the other dudes. Not counting Kyle, who looks like he is made of building blocks. Still don't understand why he was aged. Summer really should actually be Jack's.

Why do so many stories on soaps today come down to dumb whodunits that have no basis in reality and are only there to preserve tired status quos like the Baldwins? "Don't worry, folks - we thought Lauren might have a sexually and emotionally fulfilling affair, but instead the bad man is gone and the Baldwins will struggle to save their son!" I've seen that eight hundred times in the past 15 years and yet people actually just having an affair is now almost as scarce as a gay or African-American frontburner story.

• Members

Michael was never riveting in this story ever. Lauren was until she played the victim and her big sister patted her on the head and said she's the best person ever and Michael should forgive her because she's awesome.

MAB also had this idea that everyone needed extra kids too to make of for the ones she's aged. Neither Neil nor Lily needed babies. Daniel didn't need a kid either. And Phyllis getting pregnant after the crap story with Daniel and Daisy's baby was stupidity. All we got out of that was some of the worse acted scenes I've ever seen on this soap.

• Members

That's the way it should've played out instead of the obsessed psycho ex. lover crap. TIIC took the easy way out and ruined Carmine to boot. I have no doubts that he is alive but really who cares at this point? Carmine endlessly terrorizing those annoying Baldwins is not at all entertaining. Its really time to just wrap this story up.

• Members

Noah really is not cutting it as a business man.. he is just like his lame ass daddy. Noah should have stuck with photography.. it would be a bit more believable. He looks so shrimpy compared to lurch too so I find it distracting having them in the same scenes. I bet the next Kyle is shorter LOL

Archived