Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm disappointed that Hilary has been swiftly reformed but sadly long lasting bad girls are a thing of the past on this show. I still like Hilary though. I think she makes Devon more watchable but I'm not eager to see these two either.

• Members

It seems every writer on daytime nowadays is incapable of writing strong fiery women without having them eventually go crazy and written off the show.

Meanwhile, horrible characters like Adam manage to survive for years doing horrible stuff.

• Members

She hasn't been reformed yet. She may not walk around destroying everything & everyone she can but she has retained a nasty, bitchy side that she brings out when appropriate. A bad girl doesn't need to be bad 24/7. A multi-dimensional character can have great father/daughter scenes with Jack and then turn around and have a catfight with Jill.

Now, about this thing with Devon... ugh please, keep her away from him. They really do have zero chemistry.

• Members

Neil definitely did NOT need Moses...and definitely not with a woman he didn't give one iota about. A woman they never palnned on having him give one iota about. Ridiculous.

The thing about Lily is that when they gave her that cancer and a hysterectomy (to prevent her from having kids with any of the males from core families in the future IMO) they were stuck between a rock and a hard place almost. Granted, they could have harvested the eggs and kept them on ice for years on end. But that would make no sense when they were writing her as a 40 year old woman who was with the love of her life Cane and who might die any day. They really had no choice. But I do think that they should have only used one egg and saved another. But since this is a soap, I wouldn't mind a rewrite years down the road where those kids weren't even Lily;s and that she had her eggs still on ice to have kids if she EVER gets in another pairing in the next 5 years.

• Members

I don't think Hilary is boring at all. These things are cyclical. She is in a redemption SL now but I don't think she will ever be Ms Sugar Don't Melt in Her Mouth...hopefully the writers realize the mistake that were made with Chelserella and don't go there with Hilary. She needs to remain a bit of a bad girl and a vixen.

While i respect your opinion about pairing her with Devon, I wonder what it is based upon. It's not like there is any historical evidence to back this up...we really have no idea how it will turn out.

Male privilege...many female viewers have no tolerance for women who do wrong but they just love those anti-heroes.

• Members

I have no doubt that she will...they have to get her forgiveness for her entry story then establish relationships with other characters on canvas first. I mean really, if she was still scheming, Jack would write her off. She definitely wouldn't be in the Abbot fold. Let them care about her first before she makes mistakes,

• Members

There's no historical evidence to back it up? 95% of Devon's relationships have been D storylines or completely off-screen. If they put her with him, she's gone, especially considering they have no chemistry.

We disagree on a lot this morning. JACK would write her off because she's scheming? Jack has spent his whole life scheming. If anything, he understands and respects a schemer--it would only bring them closer.

• Members

Perhaps that will change. Devon has been given a bigger role and his relationships couldn't tank because they were all but non existent. They are not putting Hill in Jack and Jill's orbit just to not do anything with Hevon. They are so setting Hill up as Jack's surrogate daughter. There was a reason Roxy was kicked to the curb.

• Members

Perhaps. But this is the wrong time to test it out. So far, they have no chemistry. I just don't want to see a very promising character tank because they decide that all she can do is be in a relationship. As for her being in Jill and Jack's orbit, why does that have to be a precursor to anything? It's a dynamic in and of itself.

Archived