Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can compare them because, despite their connections to Kay and Jill, they were still brand new characters & actors to the show (Mac less so, but still on the show for just a few months prior to her romance). Connecting them to vets does not AUTOMATICALLY make it work: Dylan is connected to Nikki, Nick and Victoria and, despite her backing, is just as useless and irrelevant as ever. Of course, the writing was much stronger back when Mac and Billy happened and that makes all the difference.

LMAO Nowhere did I ever say that Hilary should be put on ice. After all, not getting into a relationship with Devon doesn't mean she would be on the backburner. Her involvement in business stories & with Jack and Jill could ensure that.

Well, let's see what happens with Hilary and Stitch if they ever have more scenes.

I don't inherently have a problem with Billy & Hilary getting together. I just need to see David Tom back in the part, see how he does and what his chemistry is like with Hilary. I did get the impression that they might be setting up Victoria and Stitch to happen.

• Members

Agreed that Bryton doesn't do his character any favors. He can soften his delivery just a bit. Lately, he has though...but he seems more "to the manor born" than Noah ever could. Devon comes off as an arrogant know it all. He definitely loves himself alot. But oddly, I like that about him.

I don't think that Devon and Hilary will be paired anytime soon. I actually think that she might be paired with someone else while maintaining a "friendship" with Devon. Some guy will probably mess over her and Devon will come in and make it all better. I think that some guy will be Stitch. Like you said, There is a reason that they have them bumping into each other. They both seem lonely. It's only a matter of time until Stitch cheats on his wife. I think Hilary will take the hit to extricate him from this wife so that he can be paired with Victoria. JMO.

• Members

I also don't think that comparing Billy, born on screen to a beloved John Abbot and long time schemer Jill, to a retcon son for Nikki is a fair comparison. But hey, that is just one persons opinion.

We will never agree about a pairing between Devon and Hilary...lol.

Sharon did not physically assault Phyllis. She didn't touch her. I am not going to touch that Dru comment...wait, are you being sarcastic.

• Members

No I wasnt being sarcastic and it was Sharon that pushed Dru over the cliff, that played out obn screen, so yeah don't touch it LOL.

Sharon didnt touch Phyllis? Yeah when you grab someone and try to wrestle their phone out there hands so they dont tell on ya, yeah clearly Sharon didnt touch Phyllis LOL, and the funny part is you are dead serious with this Sharon stan crap LOL!!!

• Members

Chile naw...I am no Sharon stan although I like her more now than I EVER have. But I am not going to argue with you about Sharon being responsible for Phyllis' demise. She tripped on her own dress as she stormed away. Sharon didn't push her. And they weren't tussling over the phone when it happened. Phyllis got exactly what she deserved. Going out doing exactly what she does in a similar manner as her nemesis Dru. It was poetic justice. LMBO.

• Members

This poster is obsessed with somehow knocking Sharon Newman and Sharon Case, and trying to position Michelle Stafford and Phyllis as some superior brand. If that isn't stanning in itself, I don't know what else is. If you're somehow pointing out a different view on the Sharon character, you're automatically a Sharon stan or a Shick groupie.

This regime has had a lot of problems, but showing Stafford the door and giving the character one of the most humiliating exits ever is not one of them and is sort of ironic and sweet justice at the same time. The character is gone, and Stafford will likely never be back. I almost hope they recast, just to dig the knife into the Stafford Protection Brigade more deeper than it already is.

• Members

That's exactly how he comes off and it doesn't work for the general audience. And the fact that he, who did not grow up in a rich environment, comes off as more "to the manor born" than Noah Newman is a huge problem for the show... but that's a whooooole other conversation.

It's more of an analogy... and why isn't it fair? I didn't say Billy and Dylan were analogous but rather that their situations as new characters related to vets could be. I'm talking SPECIFICALLY about the fact that you don't automatically become viable if connected to a popular family or beloved character, which is the point you made to illustrate why Billy and Mac would be different than Hilary and Stitch as a couple. But, yeah, Billy as an Abbott and Mac as a Chancellor granddaughter helped in ushering them in.

Regardless of whether he was born on screen, Billy as a teenager was brand new and still foreign to the audience when he was put in a major romance. Him being Jill and John's son didn't mean that he was immediately accepted. That happened because David Tom was great, the characterization was spot on, his chemistry with Ashley Bashioum was fantastic, their love story was slowly paced and well-developed AND because he played off of Jess freaking Walton, who can elevate anyone. Under those terms, Hilary and Stitch could theoretically work; but that would put too much faith on the writing. lol

I don't know about that. Let's actually see them in a relationship first and then address it.

• Members

See, the problem with Noah is that he is perfectly cast as Nick's son...but Nick is a problem in and of himself...which means that Noah inherited the problem. LOL. Both are way to down to earth for who they are on the show. JMO.

I think this is the time to redefine Devon. BJ plays entitled well, they might as well go with it. The writers should stop trying to make him down to earth, which is what I think they are doing when they have him call everyone out on their faults and be self righteous. Like he is above any human frailties. That doesn't work. They might as well go the other direction. Make him as pretentious as new money can get.

• Members

Uh, if you remember, the video of what hasppened on the cliff was later leaked online and the slow motion version proved that Sharon was rthe one who pushed Dru over,the cliff. Neil confronted her about it in the Hospital LOL, go check the the transcripts from that time. She didnt intentionally mean to hurt or kill people, but her actions led to Dru, and Sky dying, and Phyllis in a coma, it id what it is!!!

LOL, the last paragraph kinda sums it up, pot meet kettle but I agree bout the humiliating exit though LOL.

Its not that deep, I was debating what happened ON SCREEN, not making shiot up like the poster I was replying to was. Her opinion is fine and I can respect that, but when it contradicts what actually happened on screen, the n I gotta bring it to the forefront LOL!

Archived