Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Some of the scenes that I've been seeing lately seem a bit like filler. I get that they're using some scenes to establish relationships between characters or have characters interact who haven't interacted in more than awhile and it had started to raise questions, but most of these scenes had nothing going on other than exposition--they could've shaved some minutes from some of these scenes and had a tighter dynamic that might have eliminated some of the lulls and punched up the dialogue.

I may be getting too far ahead because I've already seen Monday's episode.

Speaking of Monday's episode-- there was a couple of scenes that laid out exposition and did it surprisingly well. I was shocked.

The scenes have improved, though as they are neither completely offensive to my sensibilities (MAB) nor deadly boring (JG). I do need more movement on a few of these stories though. I'm looking at you Michael, Lauren and Fen.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wednesday:

WTF with Hilary and that dude at Underground? He called her "Crazy wench?" Who in their early twenties talks like that? And I am really not interested in Devon and Hilary. They have zero chemistry. Zilch. Nada.

Billy is being written like an uneducated idiot. He had to be corrected about saying "I" instead of "me"? He can't read the papers to figure out if they're legit? Billy? The Abbott golden boy that grew up in private schools in New York and spent his holidays in Aspen? GMAFB. These writers have no idea who Billy is. They just adopted Billy Miller's persona, much like they did for Nick (although the problem there is much lesser).

Loved it when Chloe realized Cheslea slept with Fired!Adam. "We are talking about you and Adam! Eeeeeeeeeeew!" And then she asked if Chelsea was pregnant. I iked her for the first time since she was first introduced. And, don't tell anyone, but I thought it was very sad when she realized the scarf wasn't Delia's. But really horrible police work by Kevin and Alex. Just nasty.

I like that the old father/son dynamic Jack and Nick used to have is showing through. And Jack & Hilary work amazingly well together. That little moment when Jack decided to steal Hilary's dream and do it for Summer was excellently played by Mishael Morgan.

Gag me with Lily and Cane being cute and Devon being arrested. Nobody cares. Next!

• Members

I just don't see any chemistry between Devon and Hilary. Strangely she and Jack actually have chemistry.

YRBB they adopted Billy Miller's persona for Billy Abbott long ago. It started with Jimmys and went from there.

I still can't stand Nick but Sharon makes him tolerable.

Speaking of Fenn he's being look less creepy since he got jumped by that prison gang. And they finally fixed his hair.

We're getting a 90s episode for New Years

Wednesday 1/1/14 ‪#‎YR‬ will air a classic episode from 1998 when Nick and Sharon celebrate the holiday with Cassie. Will you be watching?

• Members

Yep, Hilary and Jack have great chemistry but only as father/daughter type of thing.

I know they did; it just never fails to amaze me. This character is only Billy by name.

JM is INCREDIBLY lucky to have had Sharon Case as his wife on the show. She saved his ass many times over. Which is why I've always thought JM was an idiot to publicly speak about preferring MS. I don't care if she's 10x more fun to work with in his opinion--he would be nowhere without SC.

1998 New Year's? Nice! And I think I might be able to watch!

• Members

Catching up with last week (stuck at Wednesday now)...

Chelsea& Adam - tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss - as everyone else said: they are super boring and I want them off my screen.

Billy & LostLibby ah Kelly - tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Everything else is pretty good. The Carmine murder stuff is finally moving even though I could do without it. The Newman are still very annoying as a whole but at least Sharon & Nick are worth watching.

The Jill stuff has been gold. Esther and the whole online auction thing is pretty much a new classic. The acting was spot-on and Esther and crosswords I just couldn't... LMAO

• Members

I couldn't care less about Fen, Michael and Lauren at this point. Lauren is a hand-wringing harridan (except when she's with Jill), CLB seems like he is auditioning for a Broadway musical, and Fen is monotone and dead-eyed. This story is just not grabbing me.

• Members

It's definitely not engaging or interesting. I enjoy them only because of the JIll&Lauren aspect, seeing Paul & Christine plus Summer with Fenmore. There is some nice interaction.

The story itself stinks - and it looks so redundant because groundwork has been layed that as soon as Paul goes after Fen, Carmine will resurface or some other lame twist will take place. Hard to believe that Mickey & Lauren were the show's hottest commodity like 9 months ago with the Carmine affair!?

• Members

I said it before and I'll say it again-- the Carmine murder mystery needs to power through and wrap up. It hasn't been riveting enough to take longer to unfold, it has just mostly dragged but thankfully, looks as if it is heading toward a conclusion.

Whether JM likes it or not, he and SC have chemistry. And she definitely makes him better. Even a simple scene like putting tinsel on a tree was made more enjoyable to watch. They actually don't know a lot of angst to be interesting. It's actually the little things that make them more relatable.

For some reason, I don't think CBS.com shows classic episodes. At this point, that would be the only thing that would lure me to that dreadful site.

Archived