Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Mason is hilarious. I hope they don't have him attack Hilary if/when Devon cuts their friendship off. I want to keep him around to cause more trouble for someone else...some other family besides the Winters. I can see Summer or Abby wanting to be with him and all the drama that will ensue. The guy could really be useful.

I hope thy don't waste another great character on Victoria. Let her be single for the next 2/3 years at least...let her focus on business and nothing more.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wed December 11

The interaction Hillary had with Sharon and then Jack was flawless. Instead of throwing her into some major, useless story, they are giving her scenes with various people, she's building connections and dynamics and they get to see what works or not. Didn't realize this show could still do that! Bergman has been doing terrific work, too.

Also liked Nikki in her scene with Dylan, which would be hard not to, since MTS elevates anyone she's with. But as soon as she was gone and it was Dylan and Avery by themselves, zzzzzzzzz! I am so upset with Avery, that meddling bitch, for digging up stuff on Ian Ward, although it is the perfectly soapy and acceptable thing to do.

Loved the stuff with Neil and Jack, as well. How amazing when Jack pretended the ring was for him--for once, the writing did what I expected, and Jack was written IN character. Neil was very sweet as he practiced his proposal.

I do not like Victor hating on Sharon. It's never sat well with me. My hear flutters when Nick and Sharon are together. But what was that ridiculous music as Sharon was telling Nick not to feel bad/guilty? Just cringe worthy. They dropped the classic cues for this sh.t?

God, Amelia Heinle stuck out soooo badly in the Victor/Nikki/Victoria/Nick scene. Damn. Victor being so judgmental and pompous. I am shocked Victoria had the last word on that scene and walked out; I expected Victor to throw out a word but he remained silent. :o Guess JFP is cracking that whip :lol:

Agree with everything you've said but re: Hillary, GOD NO at Jill mothering her. That is SO out of character for Jill. Motherly instinct didn't come easy to her. She could barely be a mother to her own kids lmao. She always had to work on it. And now to do it with a stranger, who reminds her of her own scheming, younger self. Nooooope! Remember Leanna, Drucilla, Nina, Mac? Jill hated all of them and this should be the same here. I fear it would be deathly boring if they tried to be all yucky mushy like Jill & Katherine were for so long. Jill needs a threatening younger woman to spar with. She doesn't let go of that easily.

But Sharon could be a great friend/advisor to her and I am IN for Jack being super protective and a paternal figure.

• Members

Never said he wasn't a likable guy. Hence the use of the word 'affable'. Just talking about the acting ability was all.

Personally, I think he's safe on the show for the foreseeable future. His ties to one of the current matriarchs and patriarch of the show pretty much solidifies this and I don't see him pulling any silly maneuvers like some of his former colleagues have done as of late.

• Members

Love Hilary and Jack and she makes Devon watchable for me. Lane is nauseating. Chloe and Chelsea talk about Adam Zzzz. I think Adam had more chemistry with Chloe in those scenes. This Dead Delia story is really tiresome and I still ain't feeling Kelly.

• Members
I also sat up in the Adam and Chloe scenes. Great chemistry. I don't care what anyone says, MM intentionally tanks Chadam. Sad part is that TPTB nor viewers care that the scenes have no energy. They still wanted the couple.

I have seen many people say thing that about Hilary making Devon watchable. Sad part is any woman could have done this over the last 10 years if the writers had tried to give him a real romance. Oh well, I will take it now. Love them!

Archived