• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So let me get this straight, the woman who:

1) Got rid of MS

2) Brought JW back in larger capacity

3) Has a big story for MTS

4) Ended Shadam, etc.

Based on the above four things, I would think the majority of Y&R SON posters would be thrilled. Everybody wanted MAB out, you got some of your wish list (see above), what else do you want? Except for MS, those changes are not bad. Even I will agree the Phyl character needed a break.

• Members

Honestly....

Knowing full hand and remembering Phelps tenures at GL and AW(Ghost Reva, back to back serial killers, and off casting and all etc.) I had zero expectations of her hiring at Y&R so therefore I technically haven't been disappointed really by Phelps' tenure at Y&R because I never set a bar at all. In fact I think Phelps' first year has been more bearable and less offensive than what I watched during the MAB era. Yes I have some serious problems with the writing, but nothing has made me absolutely disgusted yet; Delia's death is awful but nothing to what I felt about Colleen, Diane, Liz etc.

The biggest offense of Phelps to me? Continuing some of the nonsense already started by predecessors Smith, Latham, and MAB/Sheffer/Rauch/Hamner without taking into it consideration it would be best to end it finally. Really all I ask is for better writing.

• Members

I don't even think JFP is half of Y&R's problem. Though I think her music choices and set redecoration has been poor, the show hasn't deviated much from the look of the MAB days, which were a vast improvement on the LML sets and lighting.

It's the writing that's killing Y&R and it's been the writing since LML.

Archived