A petition to remove Jill Fareen Phelps as executive producer of Y&R

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'll agree with that. Even though the ratings didn't really reflect it, Kay Alden's tenure was the best, and who we needed to have all along. But the straw that broke the camel's back here is the production model, the directing and the music. Not so much the sets... but the WAY the sets are filmed, and of course, the background music being gone has completely destroyed the continuity the show has had for 40 years. A first class production model with continuity goes a long way to mitigating any shortcomings in the writing. It's doesn't FIX them, but makes them less offensive, because the show itself looks and sounds so good.

• Members

So do we all agree that the writing on this show has been bad for years?

I'm not trying to be negative but I just wonder, without a major restructuring of how this show functions (including the passive aggressive behavior of some of Y&R's actors), I wonder how it will get any better, no matter who they bring in.

Just an aside question:

Does anyone (beside me) think that maybe JFP has been trying to write some of the storylines herself (e.g. Delia's death) undercover/on the sly? Like a co-ghostwriter or something? If she is, then she should definitely stop.

• Members

Let's face it. Y&R will never be the same show it was when Bill Bell was alive and in control. Kay Alden should have been kept, since she had written with him since 1974 and Ed Scott who had been around in a production capacity since 1976.

JFP will run this show into the ground.

• Members

The Dylan as Nikki's son seems like a storyline that she might have heavily influenced, if not written on the sly. It seems like one of those 11th Hour stories that was stuffed in once Y&R realized that a lot of people weren't taking to the Dylan character on his own merits. So as a last ditch effort, someone (*coughs JFP) decided to connect Dylan to a veteran character to tie him to the GC landscape.

Given the timing of this story line, I would guess JFP's fingerprints are on this story, JMO.

• Members

I agree. It pisses me off how she crammed SB and his character down viewers throats to force viewers to accept him. There is so much history to be mined for current storylines, but we have a rewritten mish mash just to make her lap dog front and center of attention.

Wonder how long before she drags on another FOJ like Tony Geary or Kale Browne to play his Daddy.

Maybe Ian (Tony Geary) screwed Nikki on the floor of a GC disco.

Archived