DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm struggling to get through Monday's episode. This show has such great highs and then such blah lows. Not that the show's terrible by any means, a lot of episodes are still extremely solid, but I'm just over this Sami storyline already. So many things are dangling that it's just time to finally wrap it all up. And not to mention the recent overload of Dannifer again. Even though watching JJ be so awful to them is just delightful and makes my day :)

Casey Moss was such a terrific find. He's forcing Missy to step it up. I wonder if the actors hate Dannifer? I feel like it's this big joke now and they're all laughing at us as they write for them because it's just so .... much. And the Daniel propping is reaching insane proportions again. It all just seems like a big F-U.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but they edit episodes to catch up when there's pre-emptions, don't they? I specifically remember some stuff after Boston (and other pre-emptions) to have a weird "this character is in one place" jump or a missing scene someone refers to, because the show got edited to catch back up with Friday cliffhangers.

• Members

Yeah there was that episode with I think Hope and Sami where it seemed obvious stuff had been edited out, the scene was really short and other characters just appearing in places quickly. Not sure if that was after the bombings, but it does seem they edited a couple of episodes down to catch up after an unscheduled pre-emption.

• Members

Ciara: "I really like Kristen" I love her love for Kristen. She so wants to be her when she grows up

LMAO at JJ saying NO to Jennifer bc he is 18 now and doesn't have to do as she says. LOVE that he said its time to move out. Now that he's legal, he can take up with Ann. Oh wait, he doesn't like her. Maybe he can use her to hurt Jen

2nvsf4g.gif

xdyv7k.gif

LOL at Rory's mother today. I love her!

CCRefTr.jpg

Nicole's haircut is supercute, although its pretty much the same one Laura Wright is rocking

63q8XgL.jpg

Why in this flashback to JJ's 8th bday, is Abby like 10 years old? He's 18 now and she should be at least 24. That aint no 14 year old. Good casting on her looks though as she does look like a younger Kate Mansi. Also why did he look like Rory as a kid? LOL

• Members

I think Arianna had a boyfriend who was in a gang. It was through the gang that she sold drugs. I don't remember all the details, but maybe she was an informant for the police when she returned to Salem in order to reduce her sentence.

When Gabi first came to Salem, there was tension between Gabi and Arianna; they didn't get along because of Arianna's prison stint. At one point, Gabi learned Arianna was dealing again (for the Salem PD) and was furious.

• Members

The studio is dark for a total of 12 weeks per year. My understanding is the office workers and other hourly workers do not report to work either. This way they save money because those people do not get paid and they use less electricity and the like.

• Members

Catching up on the rest of the week now. Wednesday was love-in-the-afternoon mushiness with Sami's letter to EJ. I'm sure hardcore Ejami's were moist, but I found AS's reading a bit flat. At least it was well written.

I so don't have any damns to give out for Abby/Chad/Cameron. Chad/Abby have chem, but there is no point. The guy playing Cameron is so monotone, I totally zone out in his dreary scenes.

Kate having no time for Maggie was made of win.

I like Jordan so far (even though she has said about 12 sentences in total). Chrishell Stause is breathtakingly beautiful.

The actress playing Melinda Trask is really selling it at the trial - I enjoy her sparring with Justin and her general disdain for Sami, EJ, Justin and their friends/family. I'd have to say she was the MVP for Wednesday.

Monday was truly awful, extra bad considering Dannifer werent even it it. Tuesday and Wednesday were much better.

• Members

Overall a good week! My thoughts on the week that was

1) I am really enjoying Sami's trial. Sonny, Will, Kate, Rafe, and Marge Bernardi's time on the stand was all great! Even though this is a mini-umbrella storyline I still feel like it's tying the cast together - I like it.

2) Love the Chad/Theo scenes. Priceless.

3) Loving the cast integration: Kate/Will & Sonny, Kate/Maggie, Nicole/Victor, and especially Nicole and Marlena teaming up against Kristen. Classic. Finally getting to see some really good Kristen vs. Marlena. I just hope it continues until ED's departure in November.

4) The EJ/Sami love letters were a great touch!

5) Cassey Moss and Missy Reeves continue to knock it out of the park. These two have great chemistry together! They play off each other extremely well!!!

6) Lastly, Ali's pink streak (in the hair) was ok for a couple months but it's time for it to go. Will Ali be sporting the pink streak on this upcoming season of TBL? I'm guessing yes, since she's had it from at least January-April?? Did the pink streak make an appearance in the last season of TBL? I'm guessing it wouldn't have since it would have been filmed aprox. Fall 2012. Thoughts?

• Members

Thursday was great.

I love Marlena and Nicole working together even though Marlena doesn't care much for her

Victor snarkiness is the best - Nicole "Come on Victor, we're on the same side here" Victor "I don't even want to to be on the same side of the Atlantic as you"

Victor "Nicole, all of your life you have been one strap and a buckle short of a straight jacket" tongue.png

Abby and Theresa fight was great and I loved that Jen retains her brain in regards to JJ. Hopefully it will filter into other aspects of her life.

• Members

Friday was great too. After Monday's stinker, each show got progressively better. I hope this is a sign that the show is starting to gear up for sweeps.

Standout scenes for me were Marlena and Nicole when Marlena told her she was weary of her because Nicole has poor impulse control. Nicole was absolutely gutted, I felt so bad for her. Yet it was true and is core to the character's issues.

I love how Justin undid Marge on the stand. This is one time I wish this was old school days with a budget because the scenes would have so much more impact if there was a crowd present to gasp lol.

I'm glad JJ isn't done with Daniel and even happier that Rory didn't forget Cole snitched on them. I kinda wish JJ would move in with Rory and his mom, she's awesome.

• Members

http://saleminasukkaat.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mt4qoiSpSm1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_mt4qoiSpSm1r9c8mno2_250.gif

Don't you feel used and tossed aside, Nicole? lol

tumblr_mt4ov7jxmh1r9c8mno1_500.gif

tumblr_mt4wyblMMd1rxy0aqo2_250.giftumblr_mt4wyblMMd1rxy0aqo3_250.gif

tumblr_mt4wyblMMd1rxy0aqo5_250.giftumblr_mt4wyblMMd1rxy0aqo6_250.gif

I love that Ciara loves Kristen. I guess all kids like Kristen, but this is extra awesome.

http://everythingsalem.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mszb2yLukt1rxy0aqo3_250.giftumblr_mszb2yLukt1rxy0aqo1_250.gif

tumblr_mszb2yLukt1rxy0aqo4_250.giftumblr_mszb2yLukt1rxy0aqo2_250.gif

He gets the best lines on the show.

http://daysconfessions.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mt4kwkS3kw1srymt0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mt4kr83dkZ1srymt0o1_500.jpg

(Cheap, did you send this one in? :P )

tumblr_mt4jv9ci0z1srymt0o1_400.jpg

Because it can't be said enough...

http://nbcdays.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mt3fac1X251rdhn5oo1_1280.jpg