DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Friday was so good. The show is realy starting to come alive again in the build up to sweeps! Most the scenes had an intensity to them that hasn't consistently been there since last sweeps lol.

The Nabi/Will fight was electric! The Bristen/Eric pre-wedding counselling was great too. EJ/Kristen and Nicole/EJ were good too.

I thought Nicole's speech to EJ about how men cause her problems and then he took his call and left her midsentence was a brilliant scene that indicated she is still totally beholden to men, they are her downfall because they make her do stupid things and that she hasn't grown one iota. AZ's facial expressions illustrated that she knew that she just did it again.

• Members

I don't think Nicole's problem is necessarily men, her character has just been in a constant tailspin since her return and nothing can really change that. I think the last time the character had meaning was when she was with EJ, but even then she was always a supporting character to his central storylines. Ultimately, she is a lost character and one who has perhaps outlived her usefulness. I don't really see how else one could make her character interesting at this point, without retreading past stories.

• Members

Her pairing with Daniel ruined her for me. and she hasn't been much of a viable character since to me. I really think they should have just dropped the character last year, let her recuperate off screen and then come back to her in a year. She hasn't done anything noteworthy in the past year and I don't care for her role in Eric's story. Kristen has been enough to keep things interesting

Speaking of Daniel, was that it for Chloe or can we expect more from her? I really wish the character would stick around

• Members

Thoughts for the week

1) First things first! I met some of the cast the the Nashville book signing Friday. Wally Kurth, Lauren Koslow, Kiristin Alfonso, Greg Vaugan, Drake Hogestyn, and Melissa Reeves were all there, in addition to Greg Meng. It was very rushed and a whirlwind, but everyone was super nice and gracious. I got to talk the most to Lauren, Missy, and Drake. Drake stood up to shake my hand when I told him I have watched the show since I was 7. They were so nice. I thanked Greg Meng for his work to keep the show on the air and he asked me my favorite storyline ( I of course told him WilSon). I said I will miss Chandler but am looking forward to Guy. He (and Missy Reeves pitched in) at how sweet of a person Guy is and how great of a job he is doing so far. It was amazing to get to meet them!

As for the shows this week..

2) It was really good to see Chloe this week. It seemed like she just kind of dissapeared after her two day stint - but it's good to see that they are redeeming her character. They need to allow her a good substantial amount of time off (at least another year or two), but at least we know that off camera Chloe is doing well and "recovering"

3) love Victor's one-liners.. the Obama birth certificate and every interaction he has with Nicole is golden.

4) Casey Moss wearing nothing but boxers.. yes please :)

5) EJ/Chad interaction was really good! They play well off each other and are very believable as brothers.

6) Best scenes of the week were Friday's episode of Nick/Gabi/Will fighting scenes. Very well directed and acted.

• Members

I thought Chandler Massey was AWFUL on Friday's episode.

He smirked, grinned, and smiled through half of his scenes with Gabi and Nick, and took me completely out of the story. He's done this so many times before, and now it's getting worse. He acts as if he's on SNL and trying to keep from breaking up in a sketch, and it's unworthy of an actor and the show.

No wonder the execs at DAYS weren't sad to see Massey leave.

• Members

Wow. He's never been 'the best' but that looks awful awful awful. He's VERY hit or miss and lately it's been miss. I haven't watched in two weeks lol. Any specific episodes or things worth checking out? I'd rather just start fresh this week than try and completely catch up lol.

• Members

Ugh,missed the first 30 minutes bc of the gov't shutdown

Why is Marge still around? The trial is done so I thought we'd be done with the character. She is freaking out bc she believes Rafe "lied" on the witness stand....he said nothing that helped Sami's case!

Sami's hair looked great but her dress was ugly as hell. She looked better in her orange jumpsuit

Archived