DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EJ: How was school today?

Johnny: Who cares? I'm tired of this. Mommy needs to come home, NOW.

:lol: :lol:

I'm glad somebody noticed the cowboy music because all I could think was "Giddyup, Abby." blink.png

As far as the scene itself... Days has always embraced the smaltz when it came to love scenes. And when it is a 'young' girl's First Time? The show gets downright misty-eyed. It could have been a lot more unicorns and rainbows than it was, and I buy the chemistry between Kate Mansi and Casey Deidrick. I thought their conversation afterwards was sweet.

• Members

Yeah, it definitely had a sweet sentimental unicorn and rainbow vibe. I guess that's nice for all the young girls out there. That music tho...

I agree, Johnny is hilarious. He was volleying those lines right back at E.J. He's sort of a more likeable little Jack Manning.

I realize he was broke which made him turn to stripping and all, but Cameron literally wears the same thing every day.

• Administrator

Fantastic EJ/Stefano scenes today! Loved how Stefano metaphorically bitch slapped EJ. LOL Seeing EJ on his knees, crying, begging, and kissing Stefano's ring was amazing to watch. The dark lighting in the Dimera mansion was a great touch for the mood/setting of those scenes.

• Members

I concur re: the EJ/Stefano scene. Great acting, very powerful subtext with EJ offering to give Stefano anything he wanted, and Stefano hissing through clenched teeth "You think this is only about things? The money? The house?... You break my heart again." And that final kiss of the hand could have been way OTT given that EJ was literally crawling towards him, but JS and JM really worked it so that it felt in character. It is totally in character for Stefano to demand that kind of genuflection.

LOL @ EJ: "There's not much time. You have to act now."

Stefano: "Certo. But you have some phone calls to make and some papers to sign first. Yes?"

• Members

I still don't know what Stefano really expects though, after what he put EJ threw that year in regards to disowning him and saying he wasn't his son after the whole McAllister business does he really expect EJ to love him unconditionally after that piss poor treatment of his son? Stefano can demand his obedience, but he can't demand EJ love him. It doesn't surprise me that EJ didn't want anything to do with Stefano after that, and mending their relationship is going to come from more than just him helping Sami get out of jail. I don't see how this can really heal their relationship, if that is what Stefano cares about. Maybe he just wants EJ to be his lapdog. Regardless, he hasn't treated EJ like a son in quite some time and so he shouldn't expect the treatment of one from EJ, blackmail or not.

On another note, the way EJ loves Sami is both incomparable and beyond measure. You hear a lot in soaps how someone will give up everything for the one they love, but you don't often see a man willing to sign over everything they have for their loves freedom. It's going to suck when Sami leaves him for some knight in sour armor.

• Members

IA. I have been feeling the love they have for each other more than ever, now that they are together -- which completely turns on its head the old mantra about keeping your big soap couples apart for as long as possible. That last scene in yesterday's episode, with Justin saying "Let's just hope this doesn't cost us anything" -- and the camera focuses on EJ who, arguably, paid a huge price that day. He just gave Sami this HUGE smile full of love and happiness, like, the cost is irrelevant if I'm holding you. A great moment to end the episode on, IMO.

Archived