DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dunno. I think the show is doing a good job of slowly introducing us to the character. She hasn't actually been in a storyline yet, she merely does stuff like get stoned, go gold digging, get bitchy defensive etc. This is all character exposition to draw out the character before actually driving story. I think it's a good way to introduce a character and kudos to the writers. If one pays attention to the little things, one learns a lot about the character. From her conversations and actions we already know she feels her parents see her as a failure and her greater family judge her and she has actualized that in resignation/rebellion, she's a deeply unhappy person who acts out in nasty ways from frustration. We also know she isn't totally heartless or devoid of compassion because she tried to help JJ out by giving him some of her cash for example. I'm guessing in November, we'll know more about her relationship with her parents.

• Members

I guess I just wish her character had some form of motivation or purpose. She lacks both intensity and zeal. Which makes her seem lifeless. Days has too many charismatic characters right now, and she is sticking out like a sore thumb.

• Members

I find it interesting that Will/Gabi/Nick are the subject of this week's promo. So far, it is the JJ storyline (which includes Theresa who is IMO a supporting role in this story), and Eric going under hypnosis by Marlena (!!) that are by far the more gripping SLs to be featured. I mean, Marlena listening in on Eric's growing realization that he was poisoned and then raped... OMG. Days are playing those Freudian beats subtly but not so subtly that we do not notice, lol.

BTW, Greg Vaughan has especially great chemistry with Ali Sweeney and Deidre Hall.

• Members

Honestly in his scenes with Ali and Dee, you would never believe he's a recast for a character that hasn't been onscreen for I think more than a decade. I don't include Josh Taylor because I don't even consider Roman to be a real character due to his awful portrayal despite finding him amusing.

• Members

I can't with Josh Taylor and his indecipherable speech patterns. "You hant awetht mah dotter Shami! Shami ish innothent!" I wish they would have Wayne Northrup stroll back into the role -- we don't ever have to mention Alex North ever again...

When he's with Ali, Deidre and Eric Martsolf, Greg V has recently been ad-libbing a few lines which cracks everybody up and reinforces the family bond between the characters. Unthinkable a few years ago when, at GH, Tony Geary publicly intimitated that he didn't consider GV worthy of playing his son, and that the ones he did consider worthy (JME, NP) were allowed to ad-lib with him in certain scenes. Days is the first time since GH I've seen GV relax and let some spontaneity take over -- no surprise it is in scenes with people he is clearly comfortable with.

• Members

I like the JJ/Jen story. This is the type of story that is pretty unique to Days. When it comes to Jen/Dan at work, I'll always be rooting for Ann, but on the home front, I sympathize with Jen. I also like that the writers are giving her half a brain and she doesn't believe JJ anymore.

I think all of this is true, but I actually sort of like what they are doing with Theresa right now. She's lazy, horny and pretty much just cares about getting high. Not every character can be a highly motivated bad girl. I'm not saying they should keep her like this for any length of time, but I think it's an ok beginning for this character. JJ and Theresa are every parents nightmare and not some far out one either. People go through this every day, so I'm glad Days does this sort of story along with the crazy ones.

• Members

Its unfortunate bc Roman is such an important character, especially with Bo gone. He's the lead Brady male; the family patriarch. That's laughable with JT in the role and its hard to take him seriously when utilized. I do appreciate him around bc the character does need to be on the show but he mumbles all his lines and just ruins it

• Members

I think the point is that Theresa is disrepectful. I loved Anne Millbauer seeing through her and her silly plan though lol. Pretty sure it is a bad idea for Anne to work with her though lol.

"I never want to see you again" - Jen to Dan, is music to my ears. Unfortunately that will never happen. This make-up/break-up shtick for 2 people in their 40s is beyond pathetic but I don't really care anymore.

EJ manipulating/blackmailing his brother Chad like that was interesting way for the story to go.

Wilson/Nabi is floundering. How many times do we have to sit through the same conversations?

I just hope the show is merely laying groundwork for an exciting sweeps.

Although Thursday annoyed me, I really liked Monday-Wednesday. The JJ/Rory/Bev/Jen/Theresa storyline is probably my favourite SL on the show right now.

• Members

I loved that Anne saved Teresa's job and it was their mutual dislike of Jen that did it! I love whenever T calls Jenn a bitch to her face....LOL

Love that Gabi's sins are coming back into the spotlight. She so needs to be found out. Im guessing Chad will be written out when this goes public and EJ helps get him out of town

Archived