DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know, I kinda honestly feel like they're done having Sami leave EJ for another person. I hope so, anyway. I'd like them to move into the arena of more stories like this. Them doing this as a couple, like Bo/Hope, John/Marlena, etc. instead of being involved in triangles. We've all seen what happens when people too old for that [!@#$%^&*] still get those stories -- ahem, Dannifer.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Starting to catch up the week...

Monday was a suprisingly good script from Janet Iacobuzio. The JJ/Abby and JJ/Jen scenes were deeply emotional, filled with hurt and vulnerability. I really wish Abby wasn't a Daniel cheerleader and involved in the most boring triangle, because Kate Mansi is a good actress and she works so well as J&J's daughter.

Loved the trial today. I never thought in a million years that I would ever write this, but Ejami are rootable in this storyline.

Hope was great with the Salem brain. It is so odd to me that characters like Hope and Marlena are so much more likeable away from their supercouple counterparts being written as independent, intelligent and switched on. Imagine if they had been written like this within their relationships at their peak, instead of sex obsessed weak women?

tumblr_mt8bz4ywSU1s72rc3o1_500.jpg

How can they dress her like this? Did Stephanie Forrester bequeath all her all her clothes in her will to Abby Deveraux?

• Members

Tuesday:

Ha, finally confirmation that Chad is lying about his tumor. Like everyone above posted, the Chad/Abby sex was overly sentimental with awful music. I wish Gabi told Abby the reason she knew Abby had just had sex was because Abby smelt like sex lol. I guess they can't go there on daytime?

I'm actually looking forward to the EJ/Stefano showdown on the next episode...

• Members

Those were really good scenes between EJ and Stefano. Stefano requiring EJ to kiss his ring while kneeling really emphasizes Stefano's mental cruelty to others is as fullblown as his sadistic physical actions. I agree the dark lighting in the DiMansion was a good touch. Another good touch was the in-focus/out-of focus flip between the fugly Ejami portrait in the background and Stefano in the foreground, as to signify the flip in the power dynamic. Tomsell have done a good job of making Stefano a non-cartoony threatening villain - something absent in the character since the end of Princess Gina days...

• Members

They really sold EJ's love for Sami this week. Lots of heartfelt emotion between these two yesterday and today. Also loved Stefano in his scenes with EJ earlier this week. I thought JM was great.

Assuming Eric thinks he slept with Nicole, I am interested to see where this storyline goes. Even though people have been predicting it for awhile, I still think it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Members

Teresa: "You cant fire me. Not without grounds....bitch"

Kristen: "I gotta run. I have better things to do than hang out with a sad, pathetic, lonely, jealous, looossssserrrr"

:lol: Two great lines right there. I need the giffers to capture those 2 right there

MMGvqim.jpg

Exactly how is Johnny, Allie's twin? He looks closer in age to Sydney

Ugh! They never fail to have Maggie pimping Dannifer

Love that Daniel mentioned taking Parker to visit Chloe. They never mention her and its as if she's abandoned her child (which I guess she sorta did)

I liked Victor having a civil drink with Nicole. Seemed like a parallel universe...lol

• Members

All together an amazing week on Days! I am amazed at how good the continuity is on the show.. they are not missing any beats! I can honestly say the show is being written better than I would be able to write it (not to sound cocky - but many many times in the past I would not have said that statement. ha)

1) The trial. Amazing. Great acting performances from the Marge Bernardi actress, Ali Sweeny, James Scott, Wally Kurth.. all great. The writing was on spot and everyone hit it on spot. I love the way the trial winded down at the end of the week and seeing Sami reunite with her family at DiMansion. Having Marlena, Kristen, Eric, EJ, and all the kids there were great

2) Johnny DiMera (along with Ciara Brady) are two of the greatest characters on Days of our Lives. No doubt.

3) Pop-up Hope had a little more involvement this week. I really appreciate how she mentioned Shawn D. and respected the show's history by remembering that her little Shawn D. also returned to Salem as a rebel.. much like JJ. Good use of the show's history there.

4) Chabby sex was okay.. I wasn't disappointed...the music was kind of cheesy, but I really liked the build up and the conversation they had afterwards... At least it wasn't just a "quickie" two second scene and then they move on forgetting about it.. A major character losing her virginity is a big deal and I'm glad Days recognized it.

5) Also, I love the story moving forward with Chad and his pseudo-illness.. First off, I'm so glad that Chad isn't really dying. I want the character to stay on screen and I'm holding out that the character will (or already has) been recast. I really want Chabby to continue.. there is the making of a supercouple there.

6) Best scene of the week was without a doubt Stefano/EJ with EJ on his knees before his father. Amazing storytelling, writing, and foreshadowing right there. The lighting was amazing. Great directing, writing, and acting.

7) I will say it everytime I see him. How great was it to see Lucas this week! His scenes with Sami and Will. Amazing. Keep using his Days. We want to see more of Bryan on our screens!

8) Also loved the interaction of Victor/Nicole having casual drinks and the whole Nicole/Marlena/Victor trio right now is amazing. Having the three of them work together to bring down Kristen is great story.

9) Lastly, this is a small set/props related issue that I enjoy - but I really enjoy when they occasionally have characters sit on the opposite side of the Brady Pub at the booths (as Kristen/Brady and Eric/Marlena did this week). It adds some variety to the camera angles and spices it up from having the characters sit on only the same tables they always use closest to the front of the set. Also.. speaking about sets... I really hope the Horton Kitchen wasn't just a "bringing it back for a second and then not see it again." I really enjoy that set and I hope they continue using it.. Days needs a kitchen set and what better kitchen to use than the Horton Kitchen.

• Members

Friday was an odd episode - Sami's trial burnt through a couple of weeks worth plot in 10 minutes with Abe's unorthodox update. I smell a rewrite or a quick wrap up. Whatever, glad it's over. I lol'd that EJ decided to take a spin on the magic vajayjay instead of telling Sami what price her freedom has cost them.

Loved the Jen/Theresa and JJ/Theresa scenes. JJ and Theresa make Jennifer compelling to watch. Seriously, it's even more reason to toss Daniel from the show.

Maggie annoys me. Sad to say it though.

Kristen spotting Victor and Nicole at the club should kick off an interesting thread to up the ante in this now stalling storyline.

Eric's hotel room has the same entrance doors as Chad's new apartment.

Marlena without John is such a great character.

• Members

Ha! Victor's Obama birth certificate line was dated as !@#$%^&*]. Almost felt like an inside joke re: how far in advance DOOL tapes.

When it comes to enjoying the shenanigans of a soap vixen (that would be a good book title), Theresa<<<<Kristen. Sigh. "What'll I do, when you, are far, away, and I, am blue, what'll I do..."

Marlena is steady hynotizing her children.

• Members

Today's episode felt a bit boring. It was all about Theresa, or felt like it. I don't know what she expects. She doesn't have seniority and she never works. What are people supposed to do for her? I understand bratty soap children and all, but it seems like she is just completely unlikable in the worst of ways. There is no motivation or reason for so many of her issues and she just seems lazy and horny. With most of the other bratty children (Kendell, Greenlee, Carly, Chelsea, Sami) who come on soaps seem to have an assertive quality and motivation within them that guides their character. But Theresa just seems sloppy, and ill formed as a character. There is no drive to what she does and she just seems aimless and sullen.

Archived