DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

^^^^you and me both.

tumblr_msrg5tfI3H1r9c8mno1_500.gif

tumblr_msrhvigwvZ1r9c8mno1_500.gif

Usually Im not a fan of unruly kids but in this case, I'll make an exception. I love him disrespecting her. She's an awful character whenever she has Daniel on the brain

I forgot to mention but I LOVED Kate and Maxie's scene. Maxine is such a great secondary character and adds so much especially when they dont have her propping Dannifer (which has been way too much these days). Still I live for scenes like this when she is just lending her support. Id love it if they interacted more. They would be an unlikely duo, but I wouldnt mind if we got to see them out for coffee or at the Square together and Maxine can be a sounding board for her. Maybe we can get some insight into Maxine's life by giving her a friend

tumblr_msrfky6gjs1r9c8mno2_250.gif

LOL

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ford turns out some brilliant scripts and some average ones. She wrote Tuesday and Wednesday this week. For me, Tuesday was sublime whilst Wednesday dragged. I feel Cherrill does that a lot as well - his scripts are either amazing or awful. Janet I is competent, just not in the same league as R Culliton and Salmons. For me the worst SW lately is Carolyn Culliton - she seems off her game and scenes that should be brilliant come off flat under her pen.

I'm half way catching up the week. The show is good, but Daniel sucks the energy out of everything and drags other charcters down. I also feel that Sami's trial is also dragging a lot, whereas it started out great.

If I had to grade the storylines, it would be:

Kristen = A+

The supporting cast = A

The younger set on this show (JJ, Theresa, Gabi, Nick, Sonny and I suppose Will, Abby and Chad) = A/B+

Eric, Nicole = B

Sami/EJ = C

Kate/Rafe/Jordan = D

Dannifer = F

Anywho, time to watch Thurday & Friday.

• Members

Wow, JJ giving Rory up like that was not cool on thursday's episode - I thought JJ would have his friends' backs like the way he sticks up for family. But then again, he has only known Rory for like 4 months...

Although highly predictable, Eric is going to think Nicole raped him. Whatevs, at least the story is gaining traction at last.

Kayla really really really wants to tell Kate to fuckoff lol.

Uggh Daniel. Double uggh to Maxine who enables him. Maxine could be such a great character, why is she being wasted on this ish?

• Members

Friday was fantastic, a great script from Richard Culliton. The JJ/Jen/Abby scenes were so emotional. And Rory's mother and her dynamic with Rory was such a good juxtaposition to the Deverauxs. I didn't even mind Daniel being there - the anger that Daniel's prescence prompted in JJ was fierce. Casey Moss is such a great actor, newbie or not. And Kate Mansi and Melissa Reeves raised their game too.

EJ/Stefano scenes were excellent too. Stefano really is a cruel man, but this type of cruelty isn't the cartoonish type of the last 2 decades. He really is sadistic to push for Sami to go down in order to punish EJ.

Ericole were filler today.

I like how as minor as it was, Theresa is considered in all this. Great stuff.

• Members

I really look forward to classic Days scenes of a character being obsessed with an inanimate object, where Theresa will be walking around town wondering how she will replace "THE MISSING FUNDS." That and this damn video that Kristen is carting around like an idiot going "no one can find this!" How about you stick it in a safety deposit box or in the damn basement where you apparently keep everything you ever wore when you were with John in 1996.

• Members

http://saleminasukkaat.tumblr.com

tumblr_mspqrbzXhV1r9c8mno1_500.gif

Eileen must have adlibbed that.

tumblr_ms3k73Rr0E1rxy0aqo7_250.gif

Just for JackPeyton! J/k but Kristian Alfonso turned 50 on thursday - wow!

From NBCdays tumblr:

tumblr_msqe3vVw9O1rdhn5oo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_msq1zwk1q81rdhn5oo1_1280.jpg

For once, their tiff actually has some gravity to it.

http://daysconfessions.tumblr.com/

tumblr_msthwzdzn81srymt0o1_400.jpgtumblr_msryvnuQwn1srymt0o1_500.jpg

Well, these 2 get my vote for the worst Days confession submissions ever made. It's as if someone is trolling that site with fake submissions. I'm waiting for the "Dena Higley made me a better person" confession. Any day now...

tumblr_mspuw0DTIU1s72rc3o1_500.jpg

Rory's mom is what Alicia Silverstone would look like if she smoked 2 packs a day and was overweight.

tumblr_msm78iiUGp1s72rc3o1_500.jpg

I HATE that the blue is back in her hair. She looks flawless otherwise.

tumblr_msloh8QCos1s72rc3o1_500.jpg

This was on Tuesday. We haven't seen Nick since...

tumblr_mslog3KzMF1s72rc3o1_500.jpg

Loved this line. Funny and historical reference rolled into one! I also liked Nicole's "Tick-tock Doc"

tumblr_mslo6h16pt1s72rc3o1_500.jpg

His hair is so much better like this.

tumblr_mslnz58UYX1s72rc3o1_500.jpg

Caroline talk down to Nick was really good

• Members

I caught up on this week's show today and man, the new Sydney is so terrible.

Abigail is so annoying and I'm sick of her always acting like JJ's mom. Go away, please. I love every moment that JJ talks trash to Jennifer. I also love that Rory has a mom now! LOL

I saw that the gorgeous guy who played Brian is going to be on DWTS. Yummy. I will have to check that out. I miss looking at him.

• Members

I love her! I hope we see more of her in the future. Can you imagine if she got invited to book club? LOL

Speaking of which, since JJ is already in trouble, might as well let Jen find out that she and everyone else were high on weed. Id love to see her reaction to that. I mean its not like he can get in anymore trouble than he already is.

• Members

JJ vs Jennifer was an AWESOME scene. Even if I despise Dannifer and the way Jennifer quickly got over Jack's death to hook up with McHairychest, she was well within her rights to tell JJ off, just as he was well within his rights to shout out her about Dr. Annoying showing up at the police station.

I love that EJ wrote a love letter to Sami while she's in jail. I am so pro-Ejami right now, and it was a lovely, romantic scene that was/is Days' trademark and which no other soap really does nowdays.

• Members

Just catching up on last week's episodes! My thoughts

1) Loving the Kristen/Marlena, Marlena/Nicole interaction.. Too bad this isn't the "A" storyline as it should be. We should be seeing Kristen/Marlena on our screens at least 3 days/week leading this story in their long standing rivalry.. instead we are getting...

2) Way too much Danifer! JJ/Jen scenes I thought were great! Casey Moss did amazing and I want to continue to see him being a badass. But Danifer breaking up every week can NOT continue.. its seriously hurting the show!

3) EJ/Sami scenes were good as always. Love their chemistry together.. Wish we could see more Lucas in this mix.

4) Pop-up Hope made her weekly appearance again. They have GOT to resolve Bo's situation (I really hope this happens with Shane/Kim on the screen) Pop-up Hope is NOT working.. she needs story!

5) Love that Jennifer found out about the donuts! I want to see Julie make an appearance and find out about them and confront JJ herself.

6) Rory's mom was awesome.. I hope we see more of her. The actress looked familiar. Love the comedic aspects.. Is it me, or is Friday often the best show of the week for Days lately.. Wish that wasn't the case as Friday's are typically lower-rated.

On another note.. I NEED to know who the Will recast is pronto!!!

• Members

Monday was such a mess. After all these weeks of hand wringing in jail, the trial kicks off in hyperspeed with opening arguments, and Chad, Sonny and Will being questioned in one episode with zero suspense, no build up - just flat flat flat. And Will's stupid dream and flashforward rolleyes.gif

Cameron+Abby = Ambien

Brady + Nicole = same conversation yet again.

Kristen and her memory stick getting old, but Kristen and Eric were a nice interaction.

Overall a badly structured episode with lacklustre dialogue from Richard Cullition. That's not a sentence written often.

Archived