DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The reality is that those are THURSDAY episodes. DAYS is still a "day" behind because of Boston Marathon and the stupid taping schedule. That's was reinforced on Tuesday when Nicole made the comment to Marlena about Kristen wanting to wear white before Labor Day. That would've made sense on Friday, but not on the Tuesday after Labor Day. It's really obvious on Monday episodes with the way the end, that those were the cliffhangers for the week.

• Members

That makes sense! I didn't even think of them still being affected from the Boston bombing preemptions. I did recognize Nicole's comment about Labor Day, but didn't make the connection of it being from a preemption. Another one of the downfalls of their taping schedule I guess.

• Members

I thought the Days were right because on the 8/28 episode when Sami is making a deal with Melinda Trask, Trask says into the recording the date (Wednesday, August 28) and it matched that date in real life. Not sure if they somehow edited that, but I was suprised/impressed that the date was correct given the advance taping schedule.

• Members

I think they've caught up to the preemption in terms of filmed material, but they haven't caught up in terms of scripts in the can. Based on the Corday interview, I think scripts are being written about four weeks before filming? Someone correct me on the actual weeks.

Besides Trask's recording, I believe they showed the right date when Kristen was calculating her missed period, which would have been during the time the taping was still effected.

I would suspect no one thought to edit the "white after Labor Day" because it wasn't in reference to a specific date. It just happened to be in a script that aired the day after Labor Day and originally planned to air the Friday before Labor Day, if that makes any sense. All the other references have been to specific dates.

• Members

They did the same thing with Kristen looking at her iPhone calendar - but we got a close-up, so, yeah, they can edit that stuff (and even do overdubs if a date is mentioned), but think about it. Boston happened April 15. DAYS would be filming August episodes for sure at the time. With scripts likely written for September. Plus, with the weird taping schedule for individual actors, it's also possible that scenes are actually pre-filmed even further out. It's really no big deal, just one of the oddities of the lack of flexibility with the schedule. However, if this is what is necessary to keep the show alive.....

• Members

They tape more episodes per day and per week, so they got really far ahead. Instead of having longer hiatuses to keep them closer to tape, they just allow it to continue to have a longer and longer stretch between air date and tape date.

• Members

I couldn't say for certain but I think some of the crew only get paid per day or per hour? The dark periods would be very cost effective for that. But somebody would need to confirm for me that that is the case.

Also block filming scenes means sets don't need to be taken down during the course of the day, which would require less backstage staff - more savings.

What makes zero sense to me is why they don't take longer hiatuses to let the production and screening lag narrow, since that should have no bearing on the costs. Maybe they could even sublet the studio for 2 months and make some cash on the side...

• Members

Arianna was a drug dealer? I thought she was smuggling drugs to help old poor people who were sick in Mexico and couldn't afford medication. They didn't go into details but the way Gabby described her, she made it sound like she was like JJ, pushing recreational drugs for profit and had to make a deal in order to save her criminal ass

Maggie made lemon bars....lol. Bet they're not better than Pam Douglas'

• Members

After Monday's crappiness, Tuesday was much better (even though there was still little plot development other than Kate bringing up Sami pulling a gun on Nick - loved that)

Kate's testimony was wub.png Gotta feel for Kate - She has Stefano on one side trying to punish her and EJ on the other making threats at her. All this for her limp lump in hospital that finds her overbearing and smothering. Someone drew the short stick...

Brady/Victor was great as was Nicole/Kristen. Daniel was tolerable today as well.

The episode flew for me.

Archived