Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've seen some good ones over the years(Mac on AW, Tom on Days) and some bad ones (Ross on GL, see John Abbott, Liz Foster etc.) and this isn't too bad so far, I did at least like the Katherine centric opening and overall homeliness feeling of seeing Danny, Nina etc. oh and GINA! but come on the explanation for Mac's absence was utterly ridiculous.

Performances were generally on spot on.

• Members

For me a good one is one with flashbacks (AMC did this brilliantly with their leading ladies Mona, Phoebe and Myrtle), I've seen so many shows screw up memorials because there weren't enough. For me, if you are going to honor a charater, show who you are honoring. That's why i really liked this part one of Katherine's memorial. Of course i'm selfish, i would have liked to have Philip and original Mac back but it was good. At least Brock came back. and i always love when Danny comes home.

I hope tomorrow we get more older flashbacks. I like the current stuff but they have characters who've been on for 30 years, they can dig deep into their archive. The one with Brock today was a little off because it was too close to her face. but there's always tomorrow.

• Members

I thought the first day was pretty good, of course I suspected that they wouldn't use classic music, but I did like the speeches, but they should have done more flashbacks, I feel like they just went on youtube and choose clips from there.... man was it great to see Gina :) Jill at the end :(......

• Members

You know, considering what a huge part Brenda Dickson played, if I they could get permission I'd just show those clips as well. I know when Anna Lee died on GH they showed flashbacks with every significant actor who appeared with her. They showed all 3 Edwards, if I recall correctly, and also clips with Amber Tamblyn as Emily, even though Natalia Livingston was currently playing the role. Soap fans understand recasts, plus showing Brenda Dickson I think people would realize it was Jill.

• Members

They don't need BE permission. Sony owns the show and they can use whatever clips they want. It's always a balance - presenting a bunch of clips or seeing the characters grieving in real time - aka the reason why old favs came back. I'm not a fan of memorials, so I'm sitting this out. I'll jump back in when the fallout occurs.

• Members

People can be cremated and their ashes buried. It's not frequently done, but I know people who have been cremated then their ashes buried next to a loved one.

Just wasn't feeling it from Jess Walton. The words were there, but she was trying too hard. Her performance felt forced. I was disappointed.

Archived