Y&R September Discussion

• Members

+1

it's a shame that this story is only on every second or thrid day and lots of great ideas get rushed through/flushed down the toilet. We had so many interesting characters added (Marcus Wheeler, Gus, Rose) which got dropped very quickly and now there is Hillary and probably Mason to join the list. The so-called co-head writers on this show are terrible at writing outlines/plotting; thank god one of them god a promotion. Yawn

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't realize this until you mentioned it, but it's very true. This is the only story that has worked on Y&R IMO. Between Wheeler, Gus and Rose, you have three horribly under-utilized characters that could've been good fits. Then you have Mason who is sexy and is played by a much better actor than Tyler, yet he has no screentime. These characters along with Neil, Lily, Cane (based on association with the story), Leslie, Devon and Hilary should all be running things on Y&R. There are so many interesting ways these characters could be weaved together. It's improving, but it could be so much better.

• Members

As much Josh Griffith got backslash (in parts rightfully so...) he made the miracle to create dynamics in such "boring" characters such as Neil or Devon and plagued by uninspired actors, LILY (!) and CANE (!), who haven't been interesting in 10 years or since their inception with this huge umbrella story. These were the folks you could rely on that they put you in your sleep during past regimes. It's such a shame that it still could have been better - yet it I'm flabbergast that these bores are what is driving the show. And it is a storyline that fits the Y&R fabric. Because most of the rest as we all know is...

• Members

He did seem to try with those characters and it was the only thing he did that worked. I just wish they'd go further with Devon. I noticed he had a little scene with Amber at Kay's funeral. She likes black guys, so why not try and chemistry test them? He could be her new sugar daddy to take care of Rosie. Or why not have his hatred for Hilary turn into some hot, secret sex, only for him to find out she's using him. I also thought he should've been paired with Chloe years ago.

• Members

I'm not saying just put her with Devon, but chemistry test her around. Billy, Cane (the only time he was interesting was with her), Devon, Tyler, Mason, etc. Throw her everywhere. Amber is one of my all-time faves so I admit I'm biased. I'd much prefer to have her on B&B though.

• Members

I agree, I thought MCE and MM really brought it. MM put aside the snark and Adam's anger and sadness really felt like they were coming from a genuine place. I am not an MM fan but I have to give him major props for making Adam seem human and relatable yesterday. And Chelsea ran a gamut of emotions, to the point where this is the first time I have really enjoyed watching MCE on Y&R (and I liked her on AMC).

I would also add that Billy Miller in his scenes with Steve Burton was also better than he has been and I kind of dug the Billy-Dylan friendship. Again, two characters that haven't really gripped me, and I felt invested.

I've missed some episodes, too. But IA -- it's so fun to see a bad vixen. the little looks Hilary gives when she is observing everybody -- icy and calculating and naughty!

• Members

Those characters except Neil shouldn't even be on the show! Ever since Daniel Goodard (Cane) came to the show and the writers starting focusing on the Cane character the show has sucked big time. They need to send Lily and Cane to live in Australia and never to be seen again!

Archived