Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the 90s they did and Nina written correctly is the type of woman that Neil works with. She's from the wrong side of the tracks, she makes mistakes, can be a bit of a vixen at times, but has a lot of heart. The Nina that had a big rivalry with Victoria in the 90s or with Jill in the 80s and 90s (a relationship sadly underused). I've mostly hated the way they've written Nina since she returned.

• Members

Did Adrienne Frantz think with that awful color she could score a spot in the Y&R cast as a Phyllis look-a-like?

Patty Weaver looked very healthy. Was really nice seeing Gina!

The Katherine memorial has been better than to be expected - mostly due to the spotlight being on Jess Walton. The whole story so far and the memorial in particular are not great (which it should have been... Not one single classic cue!? These were the best flashbacks they could find!?) but it's far from being a total bust. I'm giving Josh Griffith a tiny thumbs up!

• Members

Neil & Nina have a long history together.

Neil was best friends with Ryan who constantly confided in Neil about his marriages to Nina & Tricia.

It also makes sense to pair them given both Neil & Nina's complicated histories with Victoria.

Even if Y&R wouldn't pair Neil with Nina because of Tricia being recurring there are plenty of female characters on (or soon to be on) the canvas that Neil could be paired with (Jill, Sharon, Victoria, Ashley & even Nikki) instead of being stuck with Leslie.

• Members

I think it's clear that Kay is gonna leave Victor in charge of Chancellor Industries in her will they way Adam and Jack are acting. Kay know's that Jack would stab her in the back the minute she dies and leaves Victor in charge of the company as a care taker of sorts maybe until the next generation of Chancellors are ready to take over the company. Victor was one her dear friends and she brought him to GC to work for her so who better to run the company then Victor.Kay still owns a large share's of Newman thru Tuckers dealings so this would give Victor back control of Newman and also can be in Jack's face when it comes to Jabot because CI also has some shares in the company. Victor vs Jack 2,000 for Jabot

• Members

I co-sign this...Nina being paired with Neil and being the busybody take no prisoners trouble maker (that slapped the taste out of Phyllis' mouth) is exactly what Neil needs. Especially if they actually write the Chancellor angle on the show. Neil being Devon's father and her being Chance's mother and looking out for his interest, could be some good stuff up against Jill and Cane...but they would NEVER write it.

I am so not interested...the Jack/Victor feud tired and played out to me.

• Members

Those memorial episodes were a disgrace to JC's memory. WOW..cheap, tacky, devoid of any real emotion. I was crying alright but not because of my memories of all those wonderful soapy scenes with JC but because I'm so sad that JG/JFP/SONY screwed it up so royally. The set was awful. Why didn't Minardi/Slater write the outlines? Why didn't McDonald direct? Owen Renfroe's directing was awful. Shame on them. And most of the actors couldn't pull it off either. I felt no emotion watching Jess. Even Esser's script was pretty bad. Nothing gels on this soap under this current regime.

JFP has to go.

Paging Wendy Riche!

• Members

I agree 100%. The set was horrific, static and lifeless. They're supposed to be outdoors, right? No shadows, no wind. Couldn't JFP have directed someone to plug in a fan, for God's sake!! It would have been so much more effective to shoot this on location, the budget be damned. I've never been impressed with Owen Renfroe's direction, but he really bombed this time. I also think the acting was lackluster. Jess Walton has been a letdown throughout. I didn't get much more from MTS either. Maybe the right words weren't on the page, but the emotion by most of the actors seemed forced. And not using the old, wonderful Y&R music cues fans have always associated with Kay Chancellor further ruined things (I hate that bland, boring background music used by this show these days. Thanks again, JFP. Can't you get anything right?) This show is a mess. There's no life to it anymore. All the great things about it have been sucked out of it by JFP and her cohorts. Kay Chancellor and the fans deserved so much better.

Archived