Y&R September Discussion

• Members

Preach!

I'd kill him off in a gory death that can't be reversed, and usher Lily and twins off the following day.

How this character survived this long boggles my mind. After the Colin/Genevieve crap, (well really the Phillip reveal) Cane should've been booted.

Only time I found the character remotely interesting was during the Billy/Chloe/Cane/Lily quad. After that, a bore.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Instead of the Chancellor Park, I'd wish they had brought back the Colonnade Room. I thought for the most part everybody looked good during the wedding. Are Neil/Leslie still together? Why wasn't Neil at the wedding? He's known Nick longer than Avery or Leslie have existed. I do remember that one scene they had at CL months back. Neil tried to give Nick some advice.

I don't know who in the hell thought this ghost Cassie story was a good idea. WTH?! She's just egging on Sharon's crazy.

Hope the Noah plot at Newman leads somewhere. I actually feel bad for Dylan. I hope somebody brings up what Adam did to Ashley and Sharon. Remind Adam of his own baby snatching past.

• Members

The problem is, regardless of whether the acting itself is good...Egan and Burton aren't compelling because their characters were instacoupled and instafrontburner...as if I'm supposed to care? There is absolutely nothing compelling about Chelsea and Dylan, they were parachuted into the show in typical ABC soap style fashion.

This crap never happened on the Bell shows, how the mighty have fallen.

• Members

The point is they aren't known to the Y&R audience, so why would they care about these two new characters played by stars that are familiar to ABC fans. They were put on front burner very quickly as a couple once Steve started on Y&R. Bell shows traditionally didn't thrust new people in major story without having an established person as a bigger part of the plot.

• Members

I guess I don't feel that MCE was shoved into the show that quickly. Steve was, but while I actively disliked him on GH, I like him on YR. I wouldn't say either of them were introduced in an ideal fashion or the way Bill Bell would have done it, but I'm not actively offended by any of the new faces on the show. I think it helps that the old guard is still around getting air time, so it doesn't really feel like they've been replaced with a bunch of random new characters.

On a sadder note, when ghost John showed up the other day, just for a second I thought, "well, maybe we'll get to see ghost Katherine soon". Eff. sad.png

Archived