GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Members

I loved them. They were very theatrical (something MW and IB excel at) and the whole thing came off as a melodramatic soap scene from some gothic show from 1960. It was like Dark Shadows before there were vampires. The weird camera angle was good too. And then when you stick that on a show where Roger Howarth ruins every episode with his undramatic shtick and half the cast tries to be realistic to the point you fall asleep, Ian Buchanan grabbing Maura West to make ominous threats comes off like a Dynasty season finale by comparison.

Anyway, loved seeing Sean Donnely's face, and Emma Samms looks great I thought. She posted this picture on twitter. She looks good, he looks better and look at the photo on the left (slight spoiler but I forgot how to make the spoiler thing)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQ8qLVWCAAAqlrj.jpg:large

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think ES looks okay. The huge false lashes, weird eyebrows, and severe hairstyle didn't make her look younger, but I blame that on hair and makeup more than her. Those eyelashes were ridiculously long and her hair would have looked much better down instead of in that odd bun on the top of her head. She is still quite pretty, although she does look her age.

• Members

I hate to be "that guy" but why is Michael in this episode's ending montage mooning after Kiki and not Starr?

I do appreciate that Ron knows everyone gets the Julian connection, and isn't milking it further as I thought he would, but.... I had more than a few sexual encounters as a teen--and even if I didn't remember their names, I did recognize them (and yes, once it was a decade later...)

• Members

I've been thinking the same thing- there should be some mention that Michael is glomming onto this Kiki thing because he misses his "girlfriend" who he lovvvvvvvved so much and left so abruptly. Don't even need to mention the resemblance.

But I don't why we expect these sensible things. They probably think it will be too confusing.

Archived