GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ff the Ava/Puke scenes, but I was thinking the same thing about Anna. What is she going to do to Ava over stuff that took place all those years ago? That was just stupid!

And someone needs to really look at how they write Anna when it comes to children. Her dead daughter [with David] doesn't appear to have existed, she grieved for Robin for 5 minutes, but now, she wants to go after Ava over a baby that was never born over events that took place when Ava was more than likely a child? Yeah ok!

I will get back to today's show later. Not very interesting, and it's time for LAHHATL!

• Members

I liked the Duke and Ava scenes last week a lot. It was the first time I've seen Ian Buchanan with the fire he's had on other shows in recent years. He's seemed adrift and I keep worrying Ron is going to waste him when he finds another shiny toy - it's happened to plenty of classic characters (Marty Saybrooke).

If I believed they could sustain this thing I'd be very happy about it. The Connie story is now starting to remind me of something like, say, Susan Moore on a very rapid, telescoped timeline - a woman getting in way over her head with someone else's scheme. I like the return of the Jeromes (and I don't mind the William deVry recast as Julian), I just have no faith in Ron's ability to execute. Who can forget lisping Joe Jr. in Sonny's warehouse, spitting his lines at Lindsay Morgan?

• Members

I'd suggest that she's watched it and sees what garbage it is, and simply chooses to avoid bathing in [!@#$%^&*]. But I doubt she watches. As many have pointed out, GH was like working in a burger joint before moving on to a "real" job for her. No matter how crappy you think her films were, somebody chose to finance them and she made her bones. The only reason anyone stays in daytime is they like steady hours, and more security. No actor ever said "I am going to pursue a career in soaps".

• Members

I'm pretty sure Frank is responsible for her hair being that blinding for so long. Fine producer in many ways, but Frank is about the blondes. There were a lot of women who went either blonde or blonder on OLTL because of him. When they made Langston go blonde for a while I was at my limit.

• Members

She's a different situation though. She wasn't an actor who grew up dreaming of a career on soaps and pursued it at 18-20. She was a little girl who grew up on a soap- she probably barely remembers life before OLTL. And was adored by the cast and crew like their own child and had probably amassed a nice nest egg by age 15. So I can't really blame her for saying she would stay forever at 18-19- it was all she knew & it seemed like with FV/RC centering the teen set around her, it was a pretty good time.

Archived