GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Members

Poor Alexis was so drunk that night that she seduced an eleven-year-old boy.

I love Julian/Derrick, I hope they don't ruin him. The actor is so handsome and so wasted on B&B as Stormy. He should have been Bill Spencer.

So Julian just published a story that exposes his sister as a fraud? Why would he do that?

Everytime I see sad Mickey having a drink and near a milf I am almost sure of what is going to happen.

Post-ops are not drag queens.They are like gay guys, straight women and ES's eyebrows among others, you can find them in all places, shapes and sizes and they don't have a specific look.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just saw that Julian and Sam scenes and she's telling him her kid has cancer and wants him bringing awareness to the cause so people can volunteer to get tested. He asks her if she's checked the national registry and then that a family member would have been the best bet. Um, ya think? Does he honestly think she hasn't done either yet? And yeah, seeing them side by side, they don't come across believable as father/daughter at all. They should have greyed some of his hair or done something to make him older if they were intent on casting him in this role.. Its too bad bc I could have seen the actors as potential love interests

This Mumbles West is the absolute worst. Can we please get rid of her?

When Franco was in the hospital, woke up and said "Danny" to Starr KaKa, I instantly thought he was referring to his daughter, Dani Rayburn at first

• Members

The exit is very lame. I, too, am over the moon that she's leaving, but still a proper exit that fits the character is in order. She is killed as a reporter over a story in the paper? That's ridiculous. They should have brought out Konnie again, you know the other personality that she really didn't have? REEEEEEdiculous!

Michael is scum, and I am so very tired of watching people say "poor Michael". No one cares that he's betrayed his brother or are bothered by his lewd behavior? Why the !@#$%^&*] not? We are supposed to hate Morgan here, but I don't. I hope he runs both over with his car! And Kaka, she's been on 2 months, and she gets a huge WTD story and both daddies are newbies as well? This is just too damn much! And we are not going to mention that KA is not worth all of this! Putting this funny looking thing on the cover of the paper was foolish. They should have had the Qs on the cover and then Kaka off to the side as the others look on. We are supposed to believe that the town gives a flying !@#$%^&*] who Kaka is? No, but we are supposed to care about the ELQ feud.

• Members

Why is poor Michael scum? He's the male equivalent of Bambi.

I have a certain implicit sympathy for Morgan in that he is obviously being given the rock by Ron and the writers, and they are deliberately writing him to be a dumb jerk at all times, but I still can't work up that much empathy at the moment. I know what I'd do to start fixing the character, but whenever he starts in with his sarcastic "Mikey, I know you love me so much bro!" crap I just want him to shut up and go away. The whole story is so tiresome.

Of course, I also wanted psycho Franco to seduce Morgan, so there you go with my ideas.

• Members

I actually like Michael and think the writers just throw ridiculously offensive [!@#$%^&*] at him as a rape victim. First the stripper girlfriend that dies via a crane!, then the whole Starr thing, then he fakes sleeps with his stepmom, then he is in love with his cousin, then he has a random one night stand, then he plays gay to help Felix and Sabrina get Brit. I don't even know what is going on with him half the time. I do like Morgan, though. I think he is a good find, but he can do better than Kaka, for sure.

• Members

I don't dislike Michael at all, and I agree that the "writing" is doing him no favors. He's betraying his brother as he fiends for his cousin, and no one is really calling him on it. Everyone is too busy feeling sorry for a young man who looks for ways to lust after his cousin and "I can't do this to my brother" is never a factor for him. Then, we add in that nothing onscreen justifies Michael and Kaka's behavior. The only longing is in Craptini's heads. They should have taken time to build this so that the audience can feel Michael's pain. As it stands, Michael told Starr 1.5 about his rape, and now they share a great love, which brings me to my next point. Michael and his rape seems to be a means of getting laid. With Starr, Michael told her about the rape and they had sex for the first time. Then he tells Starr 1.5, a young woman he hardly knows and manipulated his brother into gambling, about his rape and they are now destined? Since when in the sam hell did rape become an aphrodisiac?

Michael is looking horrible here while Craptini are smiling because they believe this is just so awesome! Morons!

• Members

But Michael's not betraying Morgan. He's letting his fratboy brother run roughshod over him. He lets everyone do that and has for way too long.

Not saying this isn't exactly the reaction Ron Carlivati wants me to have by turning Morgan into basically an obnoxious cipher with shoehorned moments of "sympathy" while he navigates his plot-driven storylines, but it's still a valid reaction. Bryan Craig plays an obnoxious fratboy very well, and he's a decent actor but he's not good enough to give what little emotional material he gets any real pathos. And that's why I can't care that much. They spent maybe a day on who Morgan is today as a person, and that was all. So it's easy for me to blow him off, just like they will.

Right now Morgan is basically yet another iteration of the Trey Mitchell type - arrogant, brash dude with a cliched "poor me" backstory, but unlike Trey, Morgan was never a priority for Carlivati. Like Trey, though, he has those token "I'm so lonely" scenes, and those are what they will pull out in a few months when they realize they've inadvertently tanked the character. Morgan will get the rock for Kiki and Michael, in a few weeks or months he'll do something horrible, and then he'll disappear for weeks or months at a time, and then we'll see him, I don't know, working at Kelly's or a youth center or something "trying to give something back, Mikey" to "redeem" the character Ron already stopped paying attention to. And then in another six months he'll be fired.

• Members

If Morgan looks bad here it's only because his story was told off screen. Currently, he's being portrayed as the jealous younger brother when last we saw of Morgan, he and his older brother were thick as thieves. They looked out for one another and were closer than most. Morgan's love for Kaka makes no sense and neither does his ill feelings towards Michael, but we have to pretend that all of this ill will played out right before our eyes to understand this "story" and feel bad for Michael, who supposedly is the innocent party here. He isn't! Kissing Kaka once was bad but then he does it again after knowing they are cousins? And I'm not even blaming Michael because 75% of his story is missing as well. Sometimes, we can't help who we fall in love with, but the problem is, when in the sam hell did Michael actually fall?

• Members

Even though it was pure shock value, I sort of liked Liz slapping Tracy for going in on AJ. Even though most of Liz/AJ was built off-screen. I'm with Andrea, I like them but there's just something missing. Probably the bulk of their relationship that apparently happened off-screen.

Michael does get pretty crappy storylines. Chad's not bad at all and I like AJ with Michael and Carly, but this story is the absolute worst. I'm tired of Kaka the heroine sucking up airtime too. Morgan's just waiting for the bus to run over him a few times. It's coming, I'm sure. I wouldn't mind something between Morgan/Ava. And this longing between Michael and Kaka is ludicrous because it came out of nowhere. I think Andrea (or Vee?) said it, that it exists in Ron's brain. He's in love with them and probably is gleeful over this thinking it's some great love story. Yuck.

It was nice seeing Monica again. LOL @ 'Mumbles West'. Ron kills any potential like I have for a character because he shoves them down our throats. I'm already sick of Ava and I went from pretty interested to now not giving a damn.

LOL at Connie the reporter. I just can't. I'm glad she's going to be gone soon enough, but this is so contrived to get to where Ron wants the story to go, which is typical. This all could have been a great umbrella story but it just comes off as a waste of time centered around a character [Kaka] no one gives a [!@#$%^&*] about, with characters that most probably don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about [Ava/Silas].

Looking forward to AJ raging on Connie tomorrow.

I feel like I get whiplash watching this show. How many weeks until we see Luke and Holly again? Way too much going on on this show.

Archived