GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn. Now she's not "classy" for not showing up? Right. The title rides on whether or not she chose to do it. Same for Stamos. Not to mention all those who showed up and then expressed something akin to regret. They aren't classy. Suck it up and deliver for "the greater good". Where was Tommy Lee Jones at the OLTL finale. I appreciated Nathan Fillion for doing a cameo at Asa's funeral. But he didn't show for the finale? You're right. Demi isn't doing anything else right now. Maybe she just didn't want to come out of retirement for this garbage. Not like she passed up the opportunity of a lifetime.

• Members

I didn't say she wasn't classy as a person. I said I think it would've been classy for her to show up. I always have a special place in my heart for people who are way too big for this [!@#$%^&*] who turn up anyway - Nathan did it, Julianne Moore did it, Anne Heche actually wanted to come in and do a few days or weeks as Vicky Hudson again on AW at the height of her film career when the show was in a jam over Jensen Buchanan, and the Heche thing is still the coolest thing I've ever heard of. Demi Moore doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore, and it would've gotten her some buzz.

I don't care who's running the damn show - if Stamos was willing to show up, going after Demi Moore was a perfectly reasonable idea. When a show turns 50 you reach for the stars. And I thought they did a good job with that anniversary, for the most part.

• Members

When Franco asked Kiki how Danny was, I forgot they weren't their OLTL characters for a split second and I thought of Dani. Alexis also said the name John was so common and I thought of McBain. Ludicrous.

Did anyone else see the boom mic shadow? Check it out at 7:37 and 7:40 against the cabinet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FMMWA7v5seY&t=457

• Members

This. And I think Erin Torpey was like this for a long time, too (although she was 8 or 9 when she joined, not 6-7 like KA). She obviously decided to move on eventually--I think at about the same age KA is now--but I read once that she said she had thought she would leave for awhile and come back later on (sort of like KMc--except unlike her, it never happened, and she thinks her life has turned out fine that way).

Her hair looks redder than it should, IMO. When her hair is brunette, it's gorgeous.

• Members

That's what I said. I can't stand NLG but I also don't like that pic. Its not a candid. Its a photoshoot centerfold for the magazine. Two of the girls in it are underage yet that photo screams "Look at our hot bodies, watch GH!" If they weren't all dolled up in makeup and jewelry and actually just having fun on the beach it would be fine. But why are they doing swimsuit shoots for the characters playing young teens?

• Members

I won't lie, it took me a minute to realize it was Emma Samms. I don't think she looks terrible, she just mainly looks her age. And maybe a little too thin? Interesting twist I suppose with Sean's picture but we'll see where this goes.

Nice to see Monica involved with something going on in her house for a change. I was never much of a fan of this Connie/Kate but I did like her little friendship with Tracy.

I kinda couldn't sit through Lucy and Scotty much. They gave me a headache, lol, but damn Lynne Herring looks amazing for her age.

Nice to see more of Kevin, I suppose, and at least in shrink mode, but I just don't care about Alexis and Sam's father.

And speaking of that, Julian was checking out Sam's breasts, IMO, and that was creepy, and I just got weird vibes between them. So, IDK that I'm ready to buy them at all as father/daughter. I love how he just happened to come to town just as Alexis goes under hypnosis, etc. Sigh.

• Members

I don't think Samms looks so great. I'm hoping she's about 65 because, with close ups, that is the way she looks and those hideous eyebrows don't help! Leslie simply looks like a post op tranny! It doesn't help that she walks like a linebacker!

Archived