GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Members

the last couple of episodes have been the best GH has offered in two months. That day with Ava and Duke was OTT goodness. Both were well written the way every scene naturally segued into the next. Maura West has turned into one of the best things about GH and I love the way she plays Ava.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Duke/Anna, Duke/Ava...Duke/anyone is NOT must see for me. I just wish IB would go the [!@#$%^&*] away, and I'm not sure what MW is doing to her face, but close ups are not the best idea. I liked her at first, but now, meh... Her scenes are just not packing the punch I hoped they would. Perhaps that will get better. I will give her this - no one slithers around a scene the way she does. She has mastered that in this role, and I will take this over Carly Tenney any day of the week. That woman was a damn menace and not in a good way!

• Members

Typical Ron. He latches onto a character and tries desperately to make them happen. When that fails and he's grown bored, they get dumped as if they were never important. Happened to Connie and I'm sure it'll happen to Ava by some point early next year

• Members

Well I'd certainly take Ava over Connie, but there is just too much of Ava for no reason. They've attached her to more things than she needs to be to justify her over exposure. Now, I'm tired of her because she's knew and I don't need to see her this much. There was no reason for her to shoot FrankenTodd at all, but it was supposed to be a shocking moment. Guess what? It fell flat because there was no motivation. Was it a coincidence that she was shooting at the same time that Shawn was or did she overhear Carly on the phone planning it? I guess that remains to be seen now that Dante and Anna are back on this case - we shall see.

Now, if Ava kills Connie, that gets her lots and lots of cool points!

• Members

Oh Man! I'm sure she would defend KeMo's right to do whatever since she's an adult. Thing is, I really like Alexis as a character, but NLG has just gotten on my last nerve on Twitter. I cannot stand her, even though we're really in favor of most of the same things. I also think it's funny because NLG is really a lot like Alexis. Which just proves to me, I can love a soap character that I wouldn't have anything to do with in real life.

• Members

For my money Ava is happening, so latching success on RC's part. That scene with Ava and Duke was excellent and she is good with Morgan, Julian, just about everyone except Franco (who is good with nothing and nobody). I would certainly take MW's slightly hammy acting style that has almost no realism to it over the hyper realistic but boring work by Nancy Lee Grahn, Michael Easton and Kelly Monaco. Michael Easton obviously owes the audience nothing since he puts as much effort into selling his scenes as he does ordering chinese food takeout on the phone.

• Members

LOL dead at the ordering Chinese food part.

As an actor GH seems like it would be a clutch job. You show up to work. You don't even have to try to make it seem like you give a damn. And you get rewarded. I'm jealous.

If Franco isn't even Starr's dad, why did Ava try to kill Franco? Why did she tell her daughter her dad was dead when he was apparently a successful doctor? None of it makes a lick of sense.

• Members

GH needs another early 40 something female, and I would love Ava as Carly's nemesis (I think that is where they are headed anyhow), but Ava is just bouncing up in too many scenes where she is not needed. I'm still awaiting the explanation of her presence at the Q Mansion. Will Tracy kick her out now?

Completely agree about FrankenTodd, ME and KeMo. KeMo is just waiting for the opportunity to kick GH to the curb, but no one else will hire her long term, so she shows up and text in her performances (who buys that this is a woman afraid to lose her child). The nerve of her to say that Guza's Franco was ridiculous while saying Roger's absurd rendition is a plus! Guess she knows that the key to current success is kissing Roger's ass!

• Members
i wasn't talking about Monaco but the 12 year old that played Kristina thats been trying desperately to push herself out there as sexy

bc they hadn't thought up all of that by the time they write the sniping scenes

same difference. They're a packaged deal

• Members

Can't get to the site until I get home (I was banned w/out even being registered, but I have high friends in low places and have already been back several times. They just don't know it smile.png).

It was said at the fan event and as ludicrous as hell! Desperate little social climber! One moron even deduced that KeMo doesn't like James Franco because, of course, she can't possibly being trying to change the audience's mind about how [!@#$%^&*] bad Roger is as Franco. Idiot - but that is all I will say on that matter. If I can get my hands on it, I will PM you.

Archived