Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Members

Nope. There is lots of story to tell with that kid. He is related to many people on canvas (Not just the Balwin/Fishers but Jill, Billy, Chance, Delia, Johny). The person that needs to be killed off is Kevin. Kevin's only purpose was to be a screw up to give Michael story. He served his purpose well. But now that Michael has his own mixed up kid in Fen, Kevin is redundant. He needs to be the one to be killed off. JMO.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got to say that Sharon switching the test results is ridiculous, but soapy. The fact that she knocks out Phyllis and puts her in a coma is karma overload, too bad she did not kill her.

Oh, Nikki was definitely right, but considering her background, I always found it hypocritical that she would rant on, on, and on about Sharon being a gold digger. Nick made his choice and it wasn't he was any great prize. Nikki should have found a way to live with it. It isn't like her son has good taste in women and goodness knows that Phyllis made Sharon look like a saint.

• Members

I didn't think it was hypocritical at all. Here's why. Nikki might be from the wrong side of the tracks herself but she did not know Victor was wealthy when she fell for him. She thought he was a regular Joe. So Nikki was no gold digger. Sharon on the other hand was one. Any mother will have a problem with this...just because they are from the same side of the tracks doesn't eliminate Nikki from it. Now I could see if Nikki was also a gold digger, then she would be a hypocrite. As things stand...

• Administrator

I get the sense of a possible fan base war brewing here. Please don't bring any of that here. I will not be afraid to get rid of people who are just here to cause trouble with their fan base agenda. Who cares what other fan bases are saying or doing on other boards. If you want to respond or react to them, do it over at those boards. Let's just try to discuss what's happening on screen and not what other posters are saying on some other board.

• Members

True..but Sharon gave her plenty of fuel with her screw ups...i could see if Sharon had been the model DIL and Nikki was just being a men witch...but Nikki always had good reason to feel how she felt. Uh uh. Nikki was right in despising her even if it did get old.

• Members

But Nikki screwed up when she was married to Victor. She cheated on him with Brad at one point so you would think that Nikki could be a tad more sympathetic, especially when her son acts just his father when it comes to other women. Regardless, Sharon has earned her share of scorn for her pathetic behavior over the years. I just don't like when she is picked on (don't mean you) when Nick is a 100 times worse. If she even looks his way, she should be slapped. His treatment of her and Noah after Cassie died is and always will be unforgivable.

• Members

Nikki did not always have good reason to feel the way she felt towards Sharon.

From the time Nick & Sharon married & Sharon reunited with Cassie Sharon was an ideal wife, mother & daughter in law while Nick was the one doing the cheating (in between bouts of rebelling against his family).

She was more than willing to leave Nick several times until the rest of the Newmans begged her to stay for the sake of the kids.

Nikki had reason to be angry with Sharon for briefly disappearing on her family (something OOC for her) & the way she handled the Cameron situation but beyond that she couldn't ask for a better daughter in law.

• Members

ITA about the cheating. Nikki was full on hypocrite there. Full on. But I do remember Nikki in the sewer battling grime and rats with Sharon trying to help her cover up what they thought was a murder Sharon committed. So it hasn't been all hate. I always thought they were at their best when Nikki howled her a grudging respect and a small amount of affection despite not wanting to, like when Sharon wanted to be a stripper and Nikki talked her out of it saying how people will never let you forget it. That was classic Nikki and Sharon.

Archived