Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I, myself, would attribute it to MS realizing that she is not immune to less than stellar treatment and her being shown a lack of respect for her contributions to the show (of course these are my assumptions as to why she is really leaving).

I think that she wants the life as daddy's (Winters') princess that Lily has...that kiss on Neil's cheek in that restaurant, while not totally out of place given it is Lily and Neil, was a bit OOT for the scene.

They probably never met...NB is just flapping his gums, as usual.

• Members

I think it is pretty understood that while VR has a legitimate reason to be upset with MS, the real reason the two do not get along is that they are both strong personalities. They are probably quite similar in many respects and that is bound to produce a head on collision. And it did. TPTB sided with who they "thought" (or wanted to think) was bringing in the ratings (and was seemingly wrong in that assumption)...end of story.

• Members

Eh, VR made the choice for them by quitting and then lashing out wildly. To this day, I will never buy any justification that she and her devoted fans give for her quitting. She should have rode out the Emmy snub and live to fight another day. She would have been the one smiling and winking as MS walked away.

Don't expect much. It is a D story and is moving at snails' pace.

• Members

Nah, I personally think that she overestimated her power. She tried to force their hands on some things to get her way and CBS and Sony wasn't having it. They "showed her"...and showed themselves in the process as the ratings dip lower and lower. Forget the lashing out, that is nothing new. Stars have been known to do that and still live to work another day in the industry...even go back to the same show they spoke ill about that is run the by the same people that they spoke ill about...

• Members

That was why they worked so well as "frememies" as Dru/Phyl. Does anyone remember the midshow bumper when they had Phyllis/Dru back-to-back? Has there ever been another non-sexual relationship promoted in such a way? If someone else know of one, I'd like to see it. It was such a significant part of the show, that it warranted highlighting.

Also, VR and MS have had other "friendly" contact. When MS was doing her surrogacy situation, she contact VR for her advice. If they really hated each other so much, do you think MS would go to VR for something so personal? And would VR really help her? I don't think so. The whole thing is just sad, because IMO VR and MS were the two primary reasons I loved Y&R. Now that both are gone, I'm like eh.

• Members

Things probably happened since the surrogacy situation...remember KSJ and VR stating 7/8 months ago that they both thought that VR was headed back to Y&R but TPTB unexpected turned away....

I think that Jill and Kay might have been the only none romantic relationship promoted like that on Y&R. Dru and Phyllis rocked that show. Sad part is that they won't ever rock it again...I don't care what anyone says, VR would help those sagging ratings, even if just a little bit. She is the return that might just bring people back to that show. She is the one that many fans want to see. And god know that Winters clan could use the story and her presence.

• Members

So it looks like Nelson Branco was right, which I assume means he is also right about how MS exits. What a mess and just a nonsensical decision (not MS's decision but the way this entire story is being written). I also don't think that Jill and Josh have been better than Ron and Frank. I think they're equally bad frankly.

• Members

It's just really sad. I don't get why every regime chosen to beat down the Sharon character. Hell, I'd rather have someone like Victor or Nikki pull the rumored stunt. That would be more believable. (Especially Victor, since he always wanted Nick/Sharon together.) Nikki wouldn't do it because she still cares about Jack.

Archived