Big Brother (Live Feeds/Other Spoilers)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really dislike that BB is going to start pulling people into the diary room when they make slurs. I think this is the case of a very vocal minority spoiling the show for the majority who think that anything should be allowed as long as it's not a threat.

I don't like the media who routinely ignore Big Brother every season suddenly making a federal case about MY show. It only comes once a year and the media need to get over this story already.

• Members

I don't think it's about a "very vocal minority" at all. Many people have been disgusted by these comments. There's racism, talk of assaulting women, homophobia, day after day after day after day, from multiple people in the house. Many fan boards, some of which are hugely different in tone and population, are worn down by this.

The media is reporting on it because racism is a hot topic to them right now, but the media weren't the ones who got this going.

I'm not sure what is being spoiled. These people are still free to say what they want. They are still very happy to use slurs every day and to treat minorities like garbage. It's not as if the house has suddenly turned into paradise.

If fans are upset about this then I think they have the right to be so. The show asking people not to constantly use slurs is not a huge concession. They aren't listening to the fans who are demanding that Aaryn be taken out of the house, or anything like that.

This house is a cesspit, it's full of gutter trash, and BB, by their own choice, are taking very, very small steps to deal with that. The bigots in the house are still mostly getting what they want, a bigot will likely win, and will then likely leave the house with huge support for being a martyr to "PC gone wild".

• Members

I just think thats being very unfair to the house, because i dont think the majority are trash or racist.

Aaryn should absolutely be called out. As should GM and Spencer. I agree, and its not because they are not being PC - they are racist and hateful but i dont think that people being labelled with them, like Nick, Amanda and others are. I think they have used slurs but not in a hatefilled way and yes i do think that that matters. Saying homo doesnt make you anti-gay, its a wrongly popular term and most people say it with no meaning as a product of our culture and environment. Theres a huge difference between that and the comments Aaryn makes. its a shame ivette got none of this public reaction for saying sandnigger about Kaysar.

Im not sure what CBS is supposed to do but air it, as they did, and not hide it. Should they be removed from the game for being racist? If so where is that line drawn? Is it if you every say any slur? What else should be applied here? Misogynistic comments? Im against removing them from the game due to their comments. Jeremy however has threaten to physically harm somebody so I can see the argument for him going. Im offended by her comments, I think everyone should be offended by them honestly.

And yes, Aaryn has garnered some support from those like her, but it is so minuscule and doesnt even come close to trumping or even evening out the outrage received.

• Members

So, there has been some shifts in the house it seems. Ive only been watching a little bit tonight so im not totally sure, but it seems like Aaryn is done with kat and has teamed up with mcc and amanda and isnt letting jeremy on. GM went to Helen and Helen basically said she tried to get Elissa not to put up Nick (a lie) and they seemed friendly and open to working with eachother. I believe the MC is still solid.

Elissa is still going and im 100% sure of it happening, unless production steps in. Even when people are debating about it they are like no she has to go because of MVP.

• Members

I think that the show is half-assed. They focus on one or two people and that's it. On The Talk, they focused only on Aaryn. The men got a free pass, and all the comments beyond the racist comments got a free pass. The way this is handled sends out a very bad message about misogyny and about what is and is not acceptable bigotry.

As for the others, when they coddle and enable bigots, and laugh at their racist jokes, then I can't root for them either.

This season is set up with a power structure where bigots rule all and then a few other people below them go along with them to get some crumbs. The best to say is gee, maybe someone who doesn't actually make constant bigoted comments, but laughs at them and acts like they're fun, might win.

BB6 was a different era, no one really cared beyond fans, and that summer there was so much else going on in the public eye.

The whole thing annoys me because not only are there very miniscule criticisms from the show toward this stuff, but those very miniscule things are called out as going too far, as people being PC.

I am giving up on this season and this show.

• Members

They're raining on Aaryn - and she deserves it - but this house is full of hateful a--holes that need to be slapped silly. The way Spencer and Jeremy in particular talk about women is horrendous and sickening.

That. I almost hope that the few decent people in this house ARE eliminated early because they deserve better then to be stuck with these jerk-offs.

• Members

I think they focued on Aaryn because for one the media has mainly zoomed in on her (likely because of the amount) and because she was HoH and her comments went with the show, as Julie even pointed out. I am failry confiident that when/if jeremy gets HoH or is on the block we will see his comments. Most of Spencers cant even be aired, really but I def think cbs/bb get that this isnt ok and are not going to let them just coast through and ignore the issue, esp now with so much attention on it. And it wasnt just about racist comments, her homophobic comments were also shown and dicussed. GM's comments were in the video package as well, but it wasnt about her.

I get that, but its not the whole house and i feel bad for people getting blame placed upon them when this isnt the case.

I dont think the entire house is having a good ol time laughing and encouraging racist and other comments, at all.

And the reaction, in large part, has not been they are just not PC or that the show showing it is wrong, at least where i go to discuss BB (mainly here, twitter, ontd and a few others comms) has been very much outrage and anger at the comments and urging of the show to not give them the great edit and expose them for what they are.

• Members

It is basically the whole house either being hateful or acting like they enjoy the hatefulness and joining in (whether it be racism, misogyny, stereotyping, name calling, bullying). How often have you seen somebody stand up and say anything against it? Rarely. That's what sucks about the majority of this bunch. There's barely any counterbalance. Aaryn's watching her mouth about how colored people supposedly act BECAUSE they must have come down really hard on her in the DR (I'm guessing they threatened to toss her), prior to that she was all "f-you BB" about trying to order her around.

• Members

I dont think the majority have acted as if they loved it.

Aaryn doesnt even talk to a lot of people in the house.

Both Elissa and Judd have commented on her comments. Howard, Nick and others have talked to others about it. But a lot of the house hasnt even heard the comments, thats the thing.

• Members

I get that people are in a difficult situation, but I could swear I saw Howard and Nick laughing at bigoted comments. Yet I hear about how nice they are and how they aren't like the others. Well what are they then?

Marvin from BB5 is not a Howard fan.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_raojrdwz/

It just feels silly for me to even complain about now because I know that the bigots in there will ultimately be seen as victims, and ultimately be rewarded with money (from BB and maybe even from some idiot people in real life who want to prove a point) for what they have said. I've rarely felt so bleak about this show. I know that, in real life, people who are bigoted often win out, and I know that on BB they do too (Dick Donato), but this season is just a stroll in the park, and yet I am starting to get the impression that not only will these people dominate BB, there will be some sort of backlash to "PC outrage" and they will get sympathy from some fans and some of the public. That is if the public even hears about what they said, since only Aeryn and Gina Marie are getting attention.

I can't even talk about the game because there is no game this season. It's a bunch of women spreading their legs and a bunch of men running the house.

I said it before but this time I do mean it - this will be my last post unless something happens that means bigots don't get big money. I don't want to ruin the show for those here who are enjoying it, so I will stop.

Archived