The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Another fun, bright and colourful video.  Taylor co-directed again.   I hope this trend continues.  I think she could be a great director one day. 

Aw, Katy and Taylor again.  Hope there's a collaboration coming.  I suspect there's going to be quite a few hamburger and fries costumes at her concerts - just hope I won't be beside on one of them because I'm going to need space to move/dance.  LOL

I admit, I don't know who half those people are in the video.  LOL  

One of the favourite parts of the video were the drag queens dressed up as (from left to right): Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Adele, Cardi B, Taylor, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Nikki Minaj).    "And we see you over there on the internet / Comparing all the girls who are killing it / But we figured you out / We all know now we all got crowns /You need to calm down." 

I also liked the part at the end where the two homophobes ditch their signs and walk away from the other protesters - people can realize their mistakes, learn, and change.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Most artists don't own their masters. This is not unique to you, Taylor. Just another case to play the victim yet again? 

I do think Scooter Braun is a pig, but the music industry is a business. No record company is going to sign a new or young artist and give them 100% ownership of their catalog. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Cold As You, White Horse, Dear John, All Too Well, All You Had To Do Was Stay, Delicate..........and now The Archer joining the emotional-track-5-club.    The song was written and produced by Taylor and Jack Antonoff, so it's not surprising that it has an 80's vibe to it with the synth and vocal reverb.  I like how the song has this slow-easy-going-constant-flow with the tempo and continuous bass beat rarely changing. 

I love the lyrics!  Favourite ones are:

- Screaming who could ever leave me, darling / But who could stay?

- And I cut off my nose just to spite my face / Then I hate my reflection for years and years

- I wake in the night / pace like a ghost / The room is on fire / invisible smoke  /And all of my heroes die all alone / Help me hold on to you

- 'Cause they see right through me / They see right through me / They see right through / Can you see right through me? / They see right through / They see right through me / I see right through me / I see right through me   (This is my favourite part of the song: They see.....Can You see.....then she raises her voice a bit when she gets to I See)

- 'Cause all of my enemies started out friends / Help me hold on to you

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I love this one the most out of the four songs from the album.  

Favourite parts/lyrics:

- Can I go where you go? / Can we always be this close forever and ever? (love singing the "gooooooo" and "cloooooose" in high notes LOL)

- And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you / I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all

- With every guitar string scar on my hand / I take this magnetic force-of-a-man to be my lover

The song was written by Taylor; produced by Taylor and Jack Antonoff.   It's the first song since "Red" that she's released as a single that she solely wrote.  I think it's been 7 years since she released this type of song as a single - a love story with instruments.  The last one was "Begin Again" in 2012. 

Lover Track List
1. I Forgot That You Existed
2. Cruel Summer
3. Lover
4. The Man
5. The Archer
6.  I Think He Knows
7. Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince
8. Paper Rings
9. Cornelia Street
10. Death By a Thousand Cuts
11. London Boy
12. Soon You'll Get Better (feat. Dixie Chicks)
13. False God
14. You Need to Calm Down
15. Afterglow
16. ME! (feat. Brendon Urie)
17. It's Nice to Have a Friend
18. Daylight

Less than a week to go! So excited!

• Administrator

So apparently the album will be put on streaming right away.  Say goodbye to the one-million-in-the-first-week streak (pure album sales). 

Please register in order to view this content

I really think she could've got more than one million again if she waited, but I guess streaming rules and she's given in to it.  Only Taylor and Adele can sell pure albums, so it will be interesting to see what Adele does with her next album.    Ugh, streaming.  LOL.

• Members

Taylor’s finally joining reality in 2019. Maybe Reputation was just a one-off way of dealing with her toxic press, but she was super serving and speaking primarily to her superfans, and I think she wants greater cultural relevance than that. So her stuff’s launching on streaming, which is how most people her age and younger consume music these days. Adele has a lot of older fans, but even they are joining the streaming revolution (as a lot of country music fans have been). 

• Administrator

AAHHH!!!   What an album!   I knew Taylor wouldn't disappoint me.   So many good songs!  Snap reaction: the two early standouts for me (not including the 4 songs already released) are The Man and Cruel Summer.   I'll post more later, after more listens.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

YNTCD was nice spectacle (she can't dance) but the real MAGIC is during Lover. Audience knowing all the lyrics already. Beautiful energy taking over the room. I nearly cried. Seems Lover will become one of those songs.