The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For someone who avoided any sort of nudity almost to a fault, and sounded somewhat slut-shamey in the past about it in some instances, this comes off as both VERY hypocritical, AND desperate for attention, ANY kind of attention. 

Yes, it's probably a body suit and/or part CGI (although it's PAINFULLY obvious she has implants now--she can deny it all she wants, but I'm not blind and I'm not stupid), but still. 

• Members

Well, now that it's out, we can watch and decide. I thought it's a marvelous video. Teasers/trailers can be very misleading. The effects were GREAT.

Wasn't she filming something on a London bridge? I kept expecting it to show up lol Maybe another video.

Edited by YRBB

• Administrator

Finally have time to post! LOL  Let's start with "Gorgeous".....LOVE IT!    I think this song is a fun/happy song, though it can be interpreted in a sad way.....but it's mostly happy for me because I'm always smiling whenever I sing the chorus. LOL  It's an easy song to remember, so I was able to memorize it in a couple of days (I still haven't memorized the first two songs) .  Love the opening beats - it's sounds so cool.   I also like the funny background noises/sounds (like her laugh).  Just like in "Ready For It" there's a split second silent count before the bell rings (love this!.....it's campy).   I put this with with my other fun/happy songs, like "22" and "Begin Again" where the song just makes you feel good.  Not everything has to be lyrically awesome. 

Really liked the RFI music video.  It's obviously not as good as the LWYMMD video (it's going to be hard to top this video...I don't think it will happen this era.....maybe next era).   Not really a big sci-fi or anime fan, so all the references passed by me.   For this type of video, I think she and Joseph Kahn could've added more of a story, like the beginning of the Bad Blood video.  Just some intro and an outro.    I didn't see anything wrong with a body suit. 

So she's doing Secret Sessions again - I think so far she's done 5 of them.  Part of me is happy for all the fans that get to listen to the album and meet her.....and the other part of me gets a little sad because I wish it could be me. 

Please register in order to view this content

LOL   The London fans seem to be all about "Track 5" that apparently made them all cry and apparently it's a happy love song.  Some say it was better than "All Too Well"......I'm calling B.S.  You can't overhype something like that!  I think that's crazy of them to say that.  LOL

Re: Going the folk rock route.  You want her doing that NOW?  No way.  I don't want her doing that until she's in her 40's, at least.  Like I said before, I think she'll do one more pop album in her early 30's.  Then in her mid 30's, I want her doing pop-rock.  

TWO MORE WEEKS TO GO!

• Administrator

Autotune? When? What song?  She sings well enough.  She doesn't have to be or need to be considered a powerful singer. She never was and never will be.  Her fans are perfectly fine with her singing style.  We ain't complaining.  We're still gonna go to her concerts. 

• Members

Try most of her catalog, Toups.

I'm sorry, but it's clear Tay-Tay employs SOME kind of track sweetener to smooth over the VERY rough spots in her voice.  Maybe "Autotune" isn't the right word, but she uses something.

• Administrator

Yeah.....every single artists uses "something" to smooth things out because it's a *studio* recording and not a live session.  There's a lot of acoustic/live sessions/unplugged stuff on youtube  She's more of a softer singer, and not the high notes/powerful notes type of singer.  She definitely doesn't use autotune. 

• Members

Thank yoU!!

I was getting ready for work this morning and catch myself humming/singing to it in the background.

It is totally delicious earworm happy song.  lol.

I also agree about her singing above. I loved her singing IKYWT at the AMA a few years back and that felt/sounded like she was singing it live enough to me. And I liked it better than what was on the actual cd.

• Members

I guess I hate the implication that all famous musicians, especially women, can't do something more "meaningful" sounding (I know that's a loaded term, but it's the only word I could think of now) like folk rock until they're considered to be "too old" to be famous, relevant musicians. I'm her age, too, so I'm kind of sensitive to the "too old to be considered attractive" thing, especially since I haven't dated nearly as much as other women my age like her, so I'm worried it's too late for me.

• Members

I'm not making a decision on how I feel about the Reputation era songs until of course I've listened to the whole album, but boy does she still have selling power. LWYMMD peaked at #1, Ready for It at #4 and now Gorgeous debuted at #13!