The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I mean, I don't like the implication that her life is better just because she's with a guy, and the line about him reminding her of a brother is a BAD, BAD sign, but instrumentation wise it sounds the best and is the most pleasant to me. But I guess we both look for different things, lol.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

OMG lmao

Taoboi been liking the songs and you've been hating nonstop and now you finally like one and Taoboi's like "meh"??? Too funny for words!

I'm not listening to the new one. At this rate, there will be hardly any new songs left.  I'll just wait for the album in 5 days.

• Members

Okay, I'm about to have my ass handed to me, but here it goes:

I'm on the side of the ACLU here. What Meghan wrote may have been somewhat over the top, but there are plenty of legitimate news outlets who have reported on this before, and yet Taylor chooses to go after what is essentially a no name blogger instead? Not to mention that she STILL hasn't denounced those in the white supermacy/neo-Nazi movement who hold her up as their Aryan Goddess? WTF, woman? Whenever anyone says "but no other pop star is asked about this"--NO DUH, THEY'RE NOT THE ONES BEING TARGETED AS AN ARYAN GODDESS ONLY TO COMPLETELY IGNORE IT!)

She is punching down here. Even if the argument exists that she could have maybe sued for libel, focusing on this woman when next to NOBODY had read this piece before now just blew up in her face, because now this is leading into her album release on Friday. What a mess. 

(And for the record: the ACLU only got involved after the blogger in question consulted THEM, so seeing some of her crazier fans on Twitter going after them--ugh.) 

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

And for the record, I know there are a lot of great people here who really like her and her music. I love all of you. But sometimes, as one of the only women who regularly posts on this thread, I worry about being mansplained when it comes to certain things about her and her problematic nature. And while this particular situation doesn't have as much to with anything women-specific as some of her other controversies have, at the end of the day, her core audience is still young women, and since I'm her age, it's something I'm sensitive to. I apologize in advance. 

• Administrator

Yeah, she's doing okay, but it could've been so much better.  She's done zero promotion this era, in terms of doing interviews (radio, TV, print) and performing.  Nothing.  For 1989, she was doing A TON - she went to Australia, Japan, England, Canada. She was everywhere.  Also, the release of RFI a week after LWYMMD was released made no sense.  If she had waited and dropped the single along with the video at the same time, it would've gone to #1.   "There will be no further explanation, there will just be reputation."  Umm.....I guess she's really doing that.  She's said in the past (I wish I could find the quote) that she'll know when to take a step back.  I wonder if this is the beginning of that.  She's in her late 20's now, and maybe she and Joe are getting serious, and maybe she's thinking about making a family now. 

Call It What You Want: Love the song! I admit I didn't love it right away but after listening to it 10+ plus times, I started to get into it a bit, and now at over 50+ listens, I love it.  LOL   It's a happy love song and I hope there are more of these type of songs.    "They took the crown, but it's alright," "Nobody's heard from me for months / I'm doing better than I ever was."   I think those lyrics play into what I was thinking, re: stepping away. 

About the lawsuit, I'm a bit on the fence about this.  On one hand, I didn't think it was necessary for her and her team to file the C&D letter because now it just brings more attention to the blog.  By doing that, it's now mainstream.  But, if she did speak out and say something, that also would've brought attention.  I just hate it when people want to force someone to speak up/out about something.  I kind of admire her for not bowing down to pressure.    I know the ACLU does a lot of good things, but they don't always choose the right cases to take up.  Like during Charlotesville, an ACLU board member quit because the they took up a case where they defended the free speech of the white-supremacist rally organizer. They also sided with the NRA on repealing gun restrictions that "discriminate" people with mental illness.  Sometimes I just roll my eyes at who they choose to defend.  And now they're using resources, that could be used elsewhere, on a blogger who's in a legal fight with Taylor's team?  Come on. 

Anyway........THREE MORE DAYS!!!